October

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
Well October is nearly here so how have we all done this summer. I can only speak for myself and say I known better years.

Yer I not looking forward to the run into Christmas and after I suppose it will all come out in the wash. Labour across the board is cheap no matter what you do for a living I suppose.

Well ive never had it so good, best summer ive ever had dont know what you boys are doing wrong there is loads of money to be had.

Been ok for me really, few days off here n there, but got 7weeks work booked at the mo :RpS_thumbup:

Not been bad this year, but could off been a lot better, thought i was gonna be sat on my arse for a few weeks but it's still trickling in, an typically as winter is approaching every one wants rendering doing

Crap Im skint and got bailiffs knocking at the door but appart from that i have been flat out and still got loads of work on.

Not been bad this year, but could off been a lot better, thought i was gonna be sat on my arse for a few weeks but it's still trickling in, an typically as winter is approaching every one wants rendering doing

So so true wozza......does make you wonder doesn't it?:RpS_thumbup:

its always the way tho isnt it. u get stuck in bloody loft conversions all summer and now people want you to start doing outsides. but all in all iv had a pretty good yr. but the last few weeks have been quiet

If anyone needs a hand or an overload of work post it on here Christmas is coming and it's a s**t time for all of us lads will travel

Good post spunk yer christmas is on it's way. I suppose we must have hit rock bottom now in the building trade.
How we all have done is a snap shot of the future for us all. I just hope we do not have a hard winter.

might have an MOD job starting december 3 years work and only british allowed on site in central london

How do you get on with jobs in the centre mate do you pay for parking or do you usually get parking on site, what's the traffic like in the morning too?

i drop me tools off early morning about 6.00 am then park somewhere for the day then i drive to the outskirts of london epping park up and get the tube in

Bet it's nice that time in the morning do you leave you're hand tools and drill on site or can you get them on the tube

Feck me your keen gibbo then again when I do get on site it is always 7pm start in the summer. You never no spunk gibbo
may be able to get you a start 3 yrs work would be good to say the least.

Three years is a nice run!

Things have slowed down for us aswell. We are gambling on a Ritmo setup working well for us!

Kent based here if anyone knows of anything. Will to travel to london :)

spunk you should look into brize norton. i had a good run over there but was too far for me. they were paying good rates aswell

I cant be dealing with site at the moment had a call from skanska today they want a screed done but i aint doing it also a bit of plastering but want it done in a complete package so if any one wants it i could forward them an email its in bath.

I used to laugh myself silly watching the scaffolders struggling to convert the scaffold for us while having to be clipped on, tripping over and get twisted up. Looked a lot more dangerous than not wearing one, worlds gone mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.