nice smooth finish but.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey326

my walls are always different shades and have marks here and there.

the finish is fine, nice and smooth, and looks fine when painted as well.

is this a problem or am i being too much of a perfectionist?

if the wall looks fine when painted dont worry mate ......could be somet to do wi how much water u put on when doing final trowel

yep, nice flat and smooth, no hollows or misses, just the colour never looks great, can see trowel marks and that.

Probably fat marks and where you come off with trowel. No worries.

Did a small ceiling for someone couple months back and went back last week to do more work, still not painted ceiling, said they liked the finish I left! :-\

I see that finish of the unpainted walls irrelevant, its how they look finished that'll get you more work in my opinion!!!

just difrent depths in the wall could be our answer, not a proble aslong as the wall is flat and smooth mate

bailey326 said:
my walls are always different shades and have marks here and there.

the finish is fine, nice and smooth, and looks fine when painted as well.

is this a problem or am i being too much of a perfectionist?
[
/quote]

You will get different shades if you are just one coating as the fat will fill the void where a second coat would .

its prob how your laying on......cross hatching? when u dry trowel are you having to put alot of pressure on the trowel?...but as above if its flat and not shin ey then nah problem really......

laying on one direction then faltening the other way then laying on 2nd as 1st coat then smoothing the other way..ie up and down then side to side.........i have been known to dry trowel cross hatch but never flattening..i think it fecks up smootness and can give a scarred look...although smooth....but looks shite.....but again whatever floats ya boat i suppose....just the way i was taught

Status
Not open for further replies.