New joiner to the forum from North Ayrshire looking for training advise

Iain McMillan

Hello all,

Yet another newbie I hear your say..... After some guidance from all you hardened pro's, I've been plastering for just a couple of years now, bought an old house a few years ago which needed fully skimmed as well as some re-sheeting, I worked alongside a plasterer helping him out and learning a few new skills along the way. On completion of that project the place was soon up for sale and I started the whole process over again last year in a new place. I've been doing the odd bathroom, kitchen hallway etc for people as well.

I absolutely love plastering it's probably the only job I've ever done which I have an enormous feeling of self satisfaction when it's complete. So I am thinking of possibly going down this road on a full-time basis, however most jobs advertised want a CSCS card in place, can anyone recommend where I can obtain a crash course NVQ2 and CSCS accreditation? I live in North Ayrshire so somewhere commutable would be preferred.

U are just like me mate I love plastering. Roll on tomorrow so I can get out of my comfortable bed. And go plastering I love it don't even know why I go home in the evening.

If it's not plaster it's a Disaster

Nice introduction, welcome at least your straight up a lot of the multi turds on here don't post

From Joiner to plasterer tbh joiners get more money

Hello all,

Yet another newbie I hear your say..... After some guidance from all you hardened pro's, I've been plastering for just a couple of years now, bought an old house a few years ago which needed fully skimmed as well as some re-sheeting, I worked alongside a plasterer helping him out and learning a few new skills along the way. On completion of that project the place was soon up for sale and I started the whole process over again last year in a new place. I've been doing the odd bathroom, kitchen hallway etc for people as well.

I absolutely love plastering it's probably the only job I've ever done which I have an enormous feeling of self satisfaction when it's complete. So I am thinking of possibly going down this road on a full-time basis, however most jobs advertised want a CSCS card in place, can anyone recommend where I can obtain a crash course NVQ2 and CSCS accreditation? I live in North Ayrshire so somewhere commutable would be preferred.
Whereabouts in north Ayrshire are ye?

im fooked off with some electrician at the mo. customer had the socket face changed after we plastered and her electrian decided to smash off the plaster all round to screw on a new face! :wtf:. Had to go back round just to patch it. ridiculous

im fooked off with some electrician at the mo. customer had the socket face changed after we plastered and her electrian decided to smash off the plaster all round to screw on a new face! :wtf:. Had to go back round just to patch it. ridiculous
Why did they have to smash plaster to get the face off? The face should have been sitting on the plaster

Did you remove the socket before you plastered?

Yeh Coz lower down the wall makes a big difference lol tap them with the handle of the screw driver they loosen up.
i meant the screws don't come off and lower down the walls
IMG_3695.JPG

there was no reason for it. backed it off, skimmed. standard. then she got an eletrician round to change the face (?!) and he smashed the plaster up. really annoying and pointless. maybe he got there and thought, oh s**t she just wants the face changing, and then thought how do i charge for this? i know, i smash around it and make it look like i did something......

Hello all,

Welcome along :D

Wow nice to see a lot of the Ayrshire boys on here. I'm from Troon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk