new an not sure what to do...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu

at the moment i own my own company in the motor trade, been going for 4 years, but its been driving me mad for the past year. ive been looking in to plastering for over a year now but never done anything about it...

i cant afford to go back and be a laborer due to bills and commitments, however i have a fair amount of free time, i know a couple of good self employed plasteres so im thinking about asking them if i can go out and watch/help in my spare time.. i know it takes a long time to become time served, but i was wondering, going out with an experienced plasterer for free and getting to know the ropes this way for a few months must be better than paying £400 and going on 1 of these 1 week "courses" ?

what i want to do is be able to learn all the basics that i would need to know to take on small jobs, then grow from there...

is there any better or any other ways to go about this?

its a tough job mate especially at the moment.
If I were you id be buying and selling 1 litre micra's with cheap tax and fuel..... has to be better and easier on the old back!.

If you really wanna go for it then you wont beat starting at the bottom labouring and working with your mates on a saturday.

Good luck

Rich

go for it mate spend a week with him and crash out some flats on price ;)..........or monos popular its an outside render you can earn 500 a day easy on 13 per metre .........think about it 10 square metres is worth 130 quid .....easy money cant see why were all doing it ;)

spunky said:
go for it mate spend a week with him and crash out some flats on price ;)..........or monos popular its an outside render you can earn 500 a day easy on 13 per metre .........think about it 10 square metres is worth 130 quid .....easy money cant see why were all doing it ;)

why didnt i think of that ::)

but seriously...

is it worth trying to learn the trade, or think up another plan?

my main problem is not being able to take a cut in wage..

even as a novice plasterer you should be looking at between 500 - 700 per week .......if youre doing mono between 1200 - 1600 per week

spunky said:
even as a novice plasterer you should be looking at between 500 - 700 per week .......if youre doing mono between 1200 - 1600 per week

im talking about plastering here, not drug dealing or anything like that ;D

yep we do that aswell ;).....counterfeit dvds, fake fags, young croatian women .......weve all got mouths to feed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.