1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

nela

Discussion in 'The Plasterers Forums FAQ's' started by Smurth1984, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Smurth1984

Smurth1984 Member

Hi Guys
    im having a few problems with my nela or multi atm
    It keeps tiger striping like f**k atm
    clean trowelling up water. yes
    Clean trowel. yes
    first coat layed on with mt
    flatted with refina spat
    new gear mixed up same as above
    on closeing in trowel with mt
    finish with nela
    HELP
    Cheers

2. Davy sned

Davy sned Member

Have you been using it long I did that at start then I stopped holding it like my normal mt trowel and held my nela more on the flat and sprayed the trowel with water and never had a prob again but it could be a multitude of things

• Like Like x 1
  3. Smurth1984

Smurth1984 Member

had it about year now worn in my mk1 super flex did not do it but it was that worn and out off shape it had to go its only the mk2 thats giving me the problems

4. gps

gps Private Member

Just use your mt start to finish, see how that goes

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Davy sned

Davy sned Member

I was going to throw mine away but I just kept working it and wouldn't use anything else now like everything else just keep at it you'll find your feet in time be something simple

6. Simon85

Simon85 Active Member

Gps right, if you can't get it right with the nela in the set, go back to not using it again for a while. No point flogging a dead horse. It's only meant to be used at the very end anyways to shine up really so shouldn't be a problem with tigers stripes if wall. Basically finished. Wall should be in good order before using a flex trowel. Some sets I don't bother putting medi anywhere near it, just steel start to finish.

7. BigK

BigK Private Member

Flatten with Refina spat?
    Metal one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Bagrat

Bagrat Active Member

Tiger stripes is only timings wrong just leave it long before flex !do a test section on wall if it stripes stop if it don't carry on .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

thik you need to tweak your timings a bit :D

10. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

I just stick to the carbon mt now although have 2 Nelas carbon and stainless still in the box.Every pallet of skim just seems to be different requiring different timings.Had the Nela s*p*r*lex and Refina one but just find the carbon can deal with anything

11. Marshy

Marshy Private Member

I've gone to using board finish these days as multi is f**k**g wank !!! Very gritty and inconsistent last couple of months.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Vincey

Vincey Private Member

Hi mate, I know it's hard to discuss on net but do you find it happens more towards the end of you gauge rather than at the flatten stage?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Marshy

Marshy Private Member

@Vincey have a word with "them" ffs lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Smurth1984

Smurth1984 Member

yes mate metal

15. Smurth1984

Smurth1984 Member

yes buddy only last couple off trowels when the gear has picked up a lot mate

16. Simon85

Simon85 Active Member

Give it an extra trowel with your steel one, use nela last pass only. See if that helps any.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ashleyscoob

Ashleyscoob Active Member

pop down to alston site i will show you how to sort it lol