multi finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was'n great until a few months ago.Thats why I was thinking of switching to knauf.But now it's very good and has a long shelf life.If u can get it you'd like it.

Do you u can do a free course with irish gypsum and a tour of the factory. Its a good day

Do you not have board finish? What's the carlite like it says for almost the same jobs as scimcoat? Also as jon says the short set is great:)
Didn't see board finish in years. The carlite is great for s&c. The short set is class so is the short bonding

Didn't see board finish in years. The carlite is great for s&c. The short set is class so is the short bonding
Bg need to get their act together you seem to have the products we need,if it can happen there it can happen here:)

If the faster sets were in mainland
U can produce more work on the small jobs.plaster has hardly moved on in development in 30 years here.

@BritishGypsum you own the current market on the mainland bg irland have got their acts together over the last year and I suspect the only reason is because knauf finish is more readily available and threatened taking over or taking a big part of the market,you need to sort this out before another company finds a way of stocking the shelves with their finish.
I know it may not seem like reality but if a better finish was readily available to me even at a further distance I'd travel and stock up on it,I have also considered ordering bulk in some way.
Also i don't know where your based but I'm about seven miles from the Loughborough depot so if you want to know what is wrong with the multi you can come see me on site and see for yourself. Thanks,kyle

Why the Irish products aren't available here is beyond me? Wonder how much it would be to import afew pallets over? Bigger firms defo would, one Man bands just wish haha

All this creaming over Irish skimcoat is amusing me at the minute, did upstairs in house week or so ago; lovely stuff, motored through it, got a pallet last Friday, and it's broke my heart this week, 3&1/2 or 4 hrs to set!!
It's also goes like putty on the board, a lump that slides off the hawk as quick as it can, yet comes back soft as soon as you hit it with the trowel.
Was late mixing up this morning, had 2 hits and was 6 o clock before I got in the van!!
Who would you contact about this?
Is there any point??

Tried Knauf MP finish today and found it very slow at going off. Nearly 3 hours. Dont suppose anyone knows a way to speed it up!

Got to say I'm up north and I have never had any problems, sets within reason sometimes will teare if pva still wet but I try to do my pva the day before so it's nice and dry! No problems over bonding or browning either!

All this creaming over Irish skimcoat is amusing me at the minute, did upstairs in house week or so ago; lovely stuff, motored through it, got a pallet last Friday, and it's broke my heart this week, 3&1/2 or 4 hrs to set!!
It's also goes like putty on the board, a lump that slides off the hawk as quick as it can, yet comes back soft as soon as you hit it with the trowel.
Was late mixing up this morning, had 2 hits and was 6 o clock before I got in the van!!
Who would you contact about this?
Is there any point??
I haven't got bad irish skim in over a year. 3 to 4 hour sets. U should have phoned gyproc up and give out fuk u get free s**t when you do this

I did clemo, they got rep to call me, and he was gonna call out to me & give me a straight edge, was trying to talk me into using hard coat too, never showed though

Status
Not open for further replies.