Mp finish

Members online

m477owl

I have used knauf mp finish years ago and got on well with it, just started a new job and used it the same way but setting in the bucket tearing on the wall and generally being a nightmare to use. Would be grateful for any tips on mixing and application if I'm doing anything wrong

Towards end of set it seems to have a phase where it wants to peel away ....just leave off it a bit longer then final trowel mate.

I have used knauf mp finish years ago and got on well with it, just started a new job and used it the same way but setting in the bucket tearing on the wall and generally being a nightmare to use. Would be grateful for any tips on mixing and application if I'm doing anything wrong
It should not be setting in the bucket send it back. The best tip for using mp finish is mix it a lot ticker then you would multi. And leave it longer in between trowels then you would with multi

It should not be setting in the bucket send it back. The best tip for using mp finish is mix it a lot ticker then you would multi. And leave it longer in between trowels then you would with multi
We used to mix it up let it stand then put the mixer back through it and it stayed soft for ages

I like it because I can mix and throw on a decent amount on my own.Two trowels with decent intervals with a little water on the second one.I give it a good dry trowel when it's gone off after I have the next gauge on.Dries out nice and white.

I like it because I can mix and throw on a decent amount on my own.Two trowels with decent intervals with a little water on the second one.I give it a good dry trowel when it's gone off after I have the next gauge on.Dries out nice and white.
Roughly how long between trowels?

I used to enjoy using mp .....then for some reason knauf could never get the gear the same.
Anything from 2 too 4.5 hour setting times.
I suppose bg arent any better to be honest.

I used to enjoy using mp .....then for some reason knauf could never get the gear the same.
Anything from 2 too 4.5 hour setting times.
I suppose bg arent any better to be honest.
The last time I had a 4 hour setting time I sent it back. f**k that waiting about

Always leave a bit back off each gauge, to coat your beads ,door frames up ,ready for next set.Always find a rolling gauge works best with Knauf.
We prefer it to BG

I found it was nicer on floated walls than stud walls and a nightmare on heavy frame walls etc, as the man says keep some back to fill heavy bits, it won't do it when u go to skim it. And could be nearly 45mins in between trowels. I'm glad I haven't seen it in years.
@theclemo has that gyproc hard coat s**t taken off down with you. Used it in an old people's home and sheltered houses a few years ago but haven't seen it since, though a mate of mine is on a job and they are having to use it. I'm hoping it hasn't took off I hated it.

I found it was nicer on floated walls than stud walls and a nightmare on heavy frame walls etc, as the man says keep some back to fill heavy bits, it won't do it when u go to skim it. And could be nearly 45mins in between trowels. I'm glad I haven't seen it in years.
@theclemo has that gyproc hard coat s**t taken off down with you. Used it in an old people's home and sheltered houses a few years ago but haven't seen it since, though a mate of mine is on a job and they are having to use it. I'm hoping it hasn't took off I hated it.

Yes it's taking off more and more each year. It's not that bad once you get used to it. I spray it since I bought the ritmo. Where is your mate using it

Belfast somewhere. Crumlin Road maybe I cant remember. He says the subbies are spraying it and they are coming straightening and rubbin it in etc. We put it on by hand and mixed with drill last time used it. Sore on drill whisks lol. Do you scratch out heavy walls beforehand or do u just build it out with the hardcoat?

Belfast somewhere. Crumlin Road maybe I cant remember. He says the subbies are spraying it and they are coming straightening and rubbin it in etc. We put it on by hand and mixed with drill last time used it. Sore on drill whisks lol. Do you scratch out heavy walls beforehand or do u just build it out with the hardcoat?
I just build it out with hardcoat