Mortar mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisus

Elite Member
Hi Lads building some walls for a farmer in the new year & just wondered what the correct mortar mix is for dry stone walling?

Thanks in advance for any replies :RpS_thumbup:

you need to mix at 6parts stone to 1part air. tip it on to the deck add some Rain, then a chilled wind, before standing the rocks upright.

Hi Lads building some walls for a farmer in the new year & just wondered what the correct mortar mix is for dry stone walling?

Thanks in advance for any replies :RpS_thumbup:

Think your after that invisible powdered stuff....just water it down with water...:RpS_thumbup:

Think your after that invisible powdered stuff....just water it down with water...:RpS_thumbup:

Actually now Arti mentions it I'm sure I've got some bags of that spare down the unit Lee. Ill get it delivered straight away at the mates price of £5 a bag.

Come on lads stop feckin about,
the farmer told me I need Dry Stone Walling Mortar Mix?
Can't find it anywhere online :RpS_unsure:
He also said to get the walls set up so they are in a straight line I'll need some horizontal ground pegs & a bee line?
Can't find them anywhere either!! Ffs :RpS_unsure:

you could always hold up the wall with a sky hook or a long weight.......hope this helps.......:RpS_thumbup:

Cheers, he also asked me to build a wooden ladder over the wall, but I told him that's not my style.

You also need the aerated air for dry stone walling, the stagnant stuff is no good as the powdered water doesn't bond to it.

The farmer said in his big shed he's got plenty of buckets of compressed air & buckets of dry water all ready for me for mixing up with. :RpS_unsure:

My old lab thought he was finished for the day - but I told him he had some mortar mix.

bumbum :RpS_biggrin:

Old BREL carriage works in York had an open day years ago, sat in the corner was a steam traction engine with a pipe going into a bucket and a sign that read 'buckets of steam 50p, bring your own bucket..' My mate got done with this as an apprentice - when he twigged he went ape and smashed the bucket lol (they told him to keep the lid on so the steam wouldn't escape.. pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.