monorex smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

master

been doing a monocuche job using monrex scraped finish the neighbour has asked me to give him a price for his extension but he wants it smooth i suggested s+c but he was worried about cracking is there any of the parex range that u can get similar rubbed up finish to sand and cement if so what is the process
thanks

You might be able if its still soft enough.
We finished same day, waited forever for it to tighten up so we could get a float over it though.

Parmurex. Bagged render not coloured. Just rub it up to a float finish or scrape it back with an I section then sponge it wet etc

Andy how do you go about finishing it is it same day finish mate .float or trowel finish then sponge ?

We treated it like normal S&C, using it as both the backing coat and the top. Kept the top to about 6mm or so and it finished nicely same day.

hmmm I think this is the new holy grail of rendering.....modern fine down but 1 coat and not costing the earth

Ive got to use monorex gf as a base for dpr later in the week. Is rubbed or trowel flat the way forward? Top coat is dpr fine sprayed

Yes definitely smooth, any chance of a vid or some good pics of your setup etc? What's the output on your comp? My Refina is good but it's not up to atomising enough for paint or 0.5mm dpr. It's more like 1mm totally uniform roughcast. Brilliant for what it costs though. Blones suggested piggybacking with the onboard comp for more air. Well worth experimenting I think.
Anyway let us know how it goes butt

Haven't used it yet currier for 1mm only 0.5mm. It doesn't atomise enough for the smallness of the grain, I mean we're talking about the fineness of something like table salt. It goes on like 1mm tyrolean. The 1mm might be in it's zone though. This whole spraying lark is so trial & error. I mentioned before blones suggested piggybacking the Refina with the onboard comp. basically have the air coming from the machine and the Refina, into a 2to1 coupler then to your gun. It might even mean you can control the machine from the air switch on the gun. Ian said it didn't work with the lk402 as there was too much air. There's a chance it might work as the refinas a 100l or so less output so might not confuse the machine?!? Trial & error gone mad lol

Les said you would have a period of time when both compressors were not working in tandem and would cause issuez with acrylic and finish. The delivery would not be consistent.

We going for a clarke pe15 400 l/m

Got to wait to pick it up though and the 1mm job is next week.

Ill spray it and if I dont look right with the refina ill trowel it after

Status
Not open for further replies.