Monoblanco

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
Its here.
Been using this monocouche this week. Parex say we are the first to use it over here (or up norf anyways) so the guinea pigs I suppose. The pallets dropped last week so we got stuck into it

It is BL10 colour code brilliant white render. I am guessing it could be the answer to brilliant white as many don't like blanc du littoral to use and the standard monorex or other brands mono doesn't come as white as this.

Not fully dry yet so not sure exactly how it will look next to blanc du littoral yet.

Its 1.3kg /mm/m2 like monorex compared to 1.6 of the blanc du littoral - littoral is a really bad coverage rate so that's one good thing

Last edited:
my sons keep complaining that they feel ill after using monocouche. may be some of the chemicals in the material? has anyone else felt like this after using mono?

Its here.
Been using this monocouche this week. Parex say we are the first to use it over here (or up norf anyways) so the guinea pigs I suppose. The pallets dropped last week so we got stuck into it

It is BL10 colour code brilliant white render. I am guessing it could be the answer to brilliant white as many don't like blanc du littoral to use and the standard monorex or other brands mono doesn't come as white as this.

Not fully dry yet so not sure exactly how it will look next to blanc du littoral yet.

Its 1.3kg /mm/m2 like monorex compared to 1.6 of the blanc du littoral - littoral is a really bad coverage rate so that's one good thing

You must be one off the first to use this as you say, but I think an outfit in Dorset trailed it for em.

whats it like to spray laa? Bl10 is a shocker ain't it to spray,
did it pick up sharpish as well ?

my sons keep complaining that they feel ill after using monocouche. may be some of the chemicals in the material? has anyone else felt like this after using mono?

If it's being mixed out in the open , with plenty of ventilation, shouldn't be an issue in any case. But I've never heard of or had any issues.

funny you should say that malc i know ocr is banned in some states in usa because of carcinogens

Mono dust makes me feel crap as well. Now when priming the machine I allways wear a mask. Scraping back is ok but if it is in summer and on the dry side I wear a mask.

Krend silicone ft plooms of dust tear most people a lungs up. No mono is designed to be breathed in tho

You must be one off the first to use this as you say, but I think an outfit in Dorset trailed it for em.

whats it like to spray laa? Bl10 is a shocker ain't it to spray,
did it pick up sharpish as well ?

I seen someone had possibly used ehi but totally different gear. Maybe been some down south but not sure what scale. We had 10 pallets dropped so far.

It doesn't pick up like blanc du littoral but we have been in cold times this week bit next day scrapes were soft bit we have suction control its not onto block work this job it's over microgobetis and a scratch coat.

It has some characteristics of littoral and some of monorex. I say its half way between the 2
The water mix ratio is also bang in the middle of the 2 - one litre per bag more than littoral and one litre less than monorex.

They have not labeled it under monorex stamp either, like littoral it has its own name.

I seen someone had possibly used ehi but totally different gear. Maybe been some down south but not sure what scale. We had 10 pallets dropped so far.

It doesn't pick up like blanc du littoral but we have been in cold times this week bit next day scrapes were soft bit we have suction control its not onto block work this job it's over microgobetis and a scratch coat.

It has some characteristics of littoral and some of monorex. I say its half way between the 2
The water mix ratio is also bang in the middle of the 2 - one litre per bag more than littoral and one litre less than monorex.

They have not labeled it under monorex stamp either, like littoral it has its own name.

Looking forward to giving it bash then.

Masks when mixing. You don't want to be breathing in some of the chems that's present.

Does it spray better than Blanc. And is it any better on meterage?

Yes it does spray better and the coverage rate states the same as monorex so yes much better.
Not as good as monorex to use though but let's face it that is as good as it gets for a monocouche product where spraying and ruling is concerned.
You soon developed a system to suit see PIC how much we sprayed on before ruling it.

The coverage rates are stated as 1.3kg/mm/m2 same as monorex where as littoral needs 1.6kg to cover the same area the same as krend so poor really.

Attachments

• Monoblanco
    1417876399407.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 613
Wow,that's a fair area to spray before ruling but as with Blanc du littoral it probably turns wet if you get on it early. Good news on meterage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.