Minimum render thickness

Members online

SirCluless

Hi all, been skimming for years now, rendered occasionally in the past, and the past two years have been rendering more and more.

Just on a bathroom fit out at the moment and an external wall had been stripped back to the original stone (hardwall on previously), and getting rendered to get flat and level for tile. Was about 40mm out of plumb, so the bottom has had some serious building out. Unfortunately due to time and other engagements, a section along the lower of the wall couldn't get brought out the full thickness at the time, so is still about 5-10mm out of plumb. The rest of the wall is banging.

I'm sure I know the answer, but was wondering if I could get one final coat on the lower part, and feather it up. Say 8mm-nothing.

Previous coats are-
3:1 sharp sand & cem ~ 20mm at the bottom
4.5:1 holm & cem ~ 20mm at the bottom

My other option would be to use tile adhesive and run that in along to bottom, would just rather do it in s&c if it was strong enough

Hi all, been skimming for years now, rendered occasionally in the past, and the past two years have been rendering more and more.

Just on a bathroom fit out at the moment and an external wall had been stripped back to the original stone (hardwall on previously), and getting rendered to get flat and level for tile. Was about 40mm out of plumb, so the bottom has had some serious building out. Unfortunately due to time and other engagements, a section along the lower of the wall couldn't get brought out the full thickness at the time, so is still about 5-10mm out of plumb. The rest of the wall is banging.

I'm sure I know the answer, but was wondering if I could get one final coat on the lower part, and feather it up. Say 8mm-nothing.

Previous coats are-

My other option would be to use tile adhesive and run that in along to bottom, would just rather do it in s&c if it was strong enough
You can't do it with tile adhesive. You'll make a right mess.

Four and a half to one mate.
maxresdefault.jpg

Previous coats are-

Use rapid set tile addy. Not too wet otherwise it’ll slump.