Marmorit up210

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
I have a job where Marmorit have suggested I use there up210 as a base coat for conni.

I have never used it so am looking for pointers, oh and I will be spraying the up210.

Thanks

its very coarse stuff rich and i wouldnt load the hopper up to start with just a bag at a time till its flowing

thanks.

The job is rendering over an existing house that is teroleaned so more advice based on that would be great.

thanks

I would prefer it if we could keep our love life off the open forum grand!!!!!.

so whats the best way to use this gear then as it wants to be meshed as well.

thanks

spray a coat on flatten then meshthen spray another coat and rule flat when picked up give it an i section then close in with a sponge float

would it be easier to do the bedding in by hand so you can mess around cutting the mesh etc then spray a coat over the top

going behind me spraying it again..................properly ;D.............steve and paul have let me have a go at everything cheers lads ;)......i think im the bag bitch tomorrow/tea maker

i think if i remember right thats the gear with the eps balls in it yeah rich? u can go up to 50mm thick with

no it aint that gear jfe .... thats flotto so my list here tells me and its £16.77 plus vat a m2 for the material.

i think up210 is there version of sand/cement from what I have found out

up 210
after is a basic sand cement lime render for 12mm 15 mm coats , but it will tighten up quickly and you can put a second 10 mm coat on in approx 2 hr if weather is warm
water setting approx 450 l on your water gauge to start and bring down to suit once hose is lubed, any were between 380 to 420 l
if you are meshing the complete building precut the mesh to approx lengths and re roll and set out on scaffold , apply 8 mm of up210 up to 50 m2 depending of suction of back ground[ if there is high suction apply marmorit nuerstat primer approx 100 me per pail coverage]roller apply to back ground before applying any render ,
after first 8 mm coat has been applied and rule off, set mesh into wet up 210 , you can scratch and leave to harden for 8 days as per bs standards, or recoat straight a way with a second 6/8 mm coat rule off and float finish , sponge or hard PVC or wood float cost per 30 kg bag £ 7 to £9 per bag ie = 1 m2
the render with the small eps beads in the render is marmorit lupp22 which is applied as above and costs are much the same
there is a second render with eps balls in the mix from marmorit called flotto which can be applied as the above two systems , this is much more expensive but can be applied up to 150 thick in stages
the renders with eps beads must be painted or over coated with a primer and mineral/siclicon/,
aryclic finish
the

up 210
after is a basic sand cement lime render for 12mm 15 mm coats , but it will tighten up quickly and you can put a second 10 mm coat on in approx 2 hr if weather is warm
water setting approx 450 l on your water gauge to start and bring down to suit once hose is lubed, any were between 380 to 420 l
if you are meshing the complete building precut the mesh to approx lengths and re roll and set out on scaffold , apply 8 mm of up210 up to 50 m2 depending of suction of back ground[ if there is high suction apply marmorit nuerstat primer approx 100 me per pail coverage]roller apply to back ground before applying any render ,
after first 8 mm coat has been applied and rule off, set mesh into wet up 210 , you can scratch and leave to harden for 8 days as per bs standards, or recoat straight a way with a second 6/8 mm coat rule off and float finish , sponge or hard PVC or wood float cost per 30 kg bag £ 7 to £9 per bag ie = 1 m2
the render with the small eps beads in the render is marmorit lupp22 which is applied as above and costs are much the same
there is a second render with eps balls in the mix from marmorit called flotto which can be applied as the above two systems , this is much more expensive but can be applied up to 150 thick in stages
the renders with eps beads must be painted or over coated with a primer and mineral/siclicon/,
aryclic finish
the

Thinking of giving this stuff a go. The data sheet say's that it is water repellant so is UP210 water proof or slightly waterproof? The above poster suggests putting it on as a scratch coat and leaving to dry. Then finish with 6-8mm top coat? I can only imagine UP210 is waterproof to do this or you are going to struggle with suction?

Any idea how much a bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.