Man my r/s ,s are getting caned much quicker than only getting about 10 palletts

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm never happy changing r&s! They say they should last like tyres on a car....the harder you drive the quicker you'll change them. Gotta say the clamp r&s give you the longest stretch, I've found that one blockage/dry startup for whatever reason can shorten their life. Simps on here says he gets 5 million pallets through his but that comes with trouble free startups and wet spraying with no problems. Do you give yours some stick ?

I'm never happy changing r&s! They say they should last like tyres on a car....the harder you drive the quicker you'll change them. Gotta say the clamp r&s give you the longest stretch, I've found that one blockage/dry startup for whatever reason can shorten their life. Simps on here says he gets 5 million pallets through his but that comes with trouble free startups and wet spraying with no problems. Do you give yours some stick ?

5 million pallets Lol! :flapper:

Yeah I suppose they do get a bit of stick we tried a clamp able one but pumped high with it first couple of sprays and it just died put a new one on today and going to really try and look after it will keep u all updated

I don't really like to spray to wet hate having to do 2 passes I suppose it's all about just getting it boarder line I'm still getting used to a electric pump as I've used diesels for years so maybe that's the reason

I don't really like to spray to wet hate having to do 2 passes I suppose it's all about just getting it boarder line I'm still getting used to a electric pump as I've used diesels for years so maybe that's the reason
I use to spray dryer ,but when i told Les at Pft "i,m lucky to it 100 bags out of a rotor " the look on his face said it all ,i was doing something wrong ,wet and 2 passes ,and it is alot easyer to rule off ,best of luck mate

Probs running a little too wet, we like it so as its hitting the panel there is a slight movement in the material if that makes sense.

Have to agree with Keith though, its far easier with two passes ,ruling the first with the serrated edge ,making the second pass lush to work with.

Probs running a little too wet, we like it so as its hitting the panel there is a slight movement in the material if that makes sense.
Agree with Andy, don't be too keen to rule it, if you spray wetter and rule at correct time you get a lot more out of r&s, we tend to spray in one pass unless over a base coat, then we give it a tight first coat and spray as before. If that nozzle starts screaming it's too wet, a nice wet fart is what you want Putz!

Agree with Andy, don't be too keen to rule it, if you spray wetter and rule at correct time you get a lot more out of r&s, we tend to spray in one pass unless over a base coat, then we give it a tight first coat and spray as before. If that nozzle starts screaming it's too wet, a nice wet fart is what you want Putz!
Wet fart Lol.

wet 2 passes is much better as said above. if its a bit wet to rule, drop down a lift and get someone ruling the lift above a few mins later

Most of mine being refurbishment work is pre rend like SPS G+G and then 10mm mono so a 4-3 R&S is fine and in one pass.

Well still not getting that much we really looked after our r/ s and sprayed wet with no problems and still only got 7 palletts of weber pral m out of it it's costing me a fortune lol spoke to les at pft and he said maybe we should try a twister what do u all think ??????????:RpS_blink:

Well still not getting that much we really looked after our r/ s and sprayed wet with no problems and still only got 7 palletts of weber pral m out of it it's costing me a fortune lol spoke to les at pft and he said maybe we should try a twister what do u all think ??????????:RpS_blink:

How much is the r/s. And what machine do u have. I no am a year late :RpS_blushing:

Am starting to think is machine plastering worth it. Do u get more pallets out of a r/s on a diesel machine then a electric machine.

This is my r/s I think .we have sprayed about 20 pallets of mpfinish don't no if I need a new one,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
What machine do you have clemo, you know when your r&s needs changing as it will either keep going wet and stiff or slow right diwn

The r&s basically sucks the material from the mixing zone

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

We're getting about 10 pallets of parex but with 20m of hose we can't seem to get it lower than 27 bar . Any lower it's piss wet

Status
Not open for further replies.