Looking for work while I complete my OSAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DantheMan

Hi all - im new to this site and thought I'd give it a go. I need the help of a quality Plasterer.

I have been working as a Plasterer/Plasterers mate now for around 18mths in and around the North West on new build sites. I started out by going on a two week Plastering course in Stockport then found a Plasterer who was willing to train me on the job. I was doing really well upto June this year.......work suddenly came to a halt and we have been out of work ever since.

I was starting to plan my OSAT assessment to gain the relevant certificates in the trade but obviously that is now out the window! I am finding it impossible to find work on my own as I have been told that I cant get a CSCS card until im either registered at college or booked in to undergo OSAT!
I have already sat the Health and Safety test!

Is there anyone out there looking to take someone on while I take my OSAT?
I am 23, have my own van and tools and am willing to work anyway!
I believe I can leave as good a finish as the next guy......obviously just not a quick ;)

If not any advise would be most welcome

you sound like a nice lad mate and keen too, how much did you want per day?

thanks for the reply nicksey - i hate this question!!
i started out on £120 a week which gradually went up over time to £300 a week - that was working on new builds so it did vary week on week depending on the price of our plot.
in all honesty im open to offers at the moment......im more concerned about getting back into it picking up were I left off and getting my certificates asap!
im more than willing to work on trail too if that helps

dont worry about the cscs mate, i completely understand the situation youre in at the minute mate subbies are having a hard time so if i was you and you can skim id try and blag it a little and try the jobcentre, tell em youve got a cscs card and get on site when the site manager asks you for it tell him youve left it at home and he'll more than likely let you carry on and aslong as youre doing a good job he'll forget about the measily card ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.