Looking for plasterers, tapers, drywallers and steel framers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shared and Tweeted and also locking this thread now :)

Thank you for posting and good luck in your search :)

Danny

Think it should be reopened dan there are a few questions that need answering and would benefit the post and the forum :)

So go on Neil I have gone against out leader tell us more, where your based, and what exactly your offering.

Hi,

Thanks for opening thread. Interested parties MUST send a CV as I have had countless questions and would dearly love to answer them all, but alas I have a full time job !

I am currently in the employ of a plastering and drywall contractor in Saskatchewan Canada who is looking for more employees to fulfill large commercial work he has upcoming. He requires highly experienced tapers/plasterers to live and work in Canada for a minimum of one year. Rates of pay will start at £13/$22 hour for an 40 hour week, overtime paid at time and a half. Plenty of room for wage increase for the right candidate.

I am originally from the UK and he has asked me source skilled labour to come and work for him. I am simply acting as an intermediate between interested parties and my employer. Should you still be interested in please email me your CV for him to look at. You will effectively be immigrating to become a permanent employee. You will need to get a visa which can be arranged for a fee from a third party lawyer for about £1500 or you can do it yourself for free. All the necessary paper work needed from the employer will be provided free of charge.

Thank you

Neil

Would be nice to know, I've responded and not yet had a reply. Had to cut short my 2 year work visa in Vancouver coz the mrs got up duff n wanted to have the baby in the uk for sum reason. Would go in a heart beat if the chance was offerd to me n I cud talk her indoors roun

I would too. Sister lives in Toronto and loves it over there. Applied to go over but plasterers weren't on the wanted list. Maybe that's changed???

Wonder if they have gizzleys as labourers?? A lot of lads who helped me in the past were like grizzleys!!?? Eating out of bins? Hibernating for 3 months without saying anything etc!! :RpS_laugh:

I was in Vancouver on around $30 phr can't remember exactly. And the rate was relative in relation to cost of living. Now the province where the work is being offerd is considerably cheaper to live and again relative if you check it out on line. ( at the time Vancouver was one of the most expensive cities in the world to live, ) I've received emails now from this and what's being offered is chance to live and work in another countrie , not a big bucks job to work away from home . It would be a taster / stepping stone for those considering relocating permanently to experience the culture and way of life b4 taking the leap of applying for residency which is very costly especially if you realise you hate once your there. Also your chances of getting residence is greater once you have held a work visa and proven record in the countrie

i have seen it several times over the years and that is when people work for these rates in other countries, they become trapped there , as the prices of housing in uk rise and they cannot afford to purchase anything.

Who cares though Malcolm money isn't everything and you only live once, I'd be straight there if I didn't have kids sounds good

The wage is an entry level wage and would rise in accordance with performance and experience. To the people complaining, I hope your busy because I have over 60,000 sq feet of EIFS to do in the next four weeks and plenty more to follow :)

Work carried out by our company is EIFS, stucco, steel studs, drywall, veneer and polished plaster, t bar ceilings

Don't worry about the moaning neil it's quite normal on here so your over there doing it how's it goin tell us a bit about the life your havin that might interest a few I wouldn't mind it if I wS single coz my missus wouldn't have it.

advanced nvq level 3 plasterer available for work ,23 yrs exps on site /nvq 2 rendering ,plaster boarding ,tape and jointing tel mike 07968160084

The wage is an entry level wage and would rise in accordance with performance and experience. To the people complaining, I hope your busy because I have over 60,000 sq feet of EIFS to do in the next four weeks and plenty more to follow :)

Work carried out by our company is EIFS, stucco, steel studs, drywall, veneer and polished plaster, t bar ceilings

Neil. If this is genuine then there is no need for you to get wound up by any questions or negativity. Please bear in mind there are many scammers out their and yours would not be the first post offering something that gets the hopes up of many despondent, unwary and ill informed worker, so if your genuine bear with the questions and negativity . If not you will get found out !!!

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Im a canadian resident, lived in halifax NS for a year... $22 an hour is shite, i was on @40 and thats not that great, you get hammered with tax and by the way you wont get a visa for canada as a plasterer, certain places you would even have to retrain as they dont recognise our quals, most of the better paid work is union aswell... canada is a nice place, but dont go on the pictures of people having BBQ,s beside a lake,

Neil, didn't I speak to you a few years ago.

i spoke to someone in sehcawhaswr.......... Erm Canada who was originally from West Yorkshire?

Job offered and accepted. Position now filled. Thank you for all your CVs

So that's singular. You advertised Jobs. Is the successful applicant going to do it all? He must be really good, or did you make him/her up?

Status
Not open for further replies.