Lines in plaster - thoughts?

Members online

furz

Hi all, does anyone know whats caused these lines in the plaster? Haven't seen it before but guessing it's just trowel marks. It looks like cracking but it feels perfectly smooth tho.

Also what's caused this in the last photo? Again, feels smooth, no bumps or anything. Just looks s**t

Cheers

Attachments

• 20231110_131119.JPG
    20231110_131119.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 187
  • 20231110_131122.JPG
    20231110_131122.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 171
  • 20231110_131138.JPG
    20231110_131138.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
  • 20231116_093947.JPG
    20231116_093947.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
@ issues with substrate (@overskim ?)
@ then someone troweled the hell out of it

If it feels smooth I wouldn't be concerned. It looks to me like timing is out of sync. The wall has been given a final trowel to early and then left. (The culprit has thought f**k it that will do) When really it needed a final hard trowel or plastic soon after wet trowel.

Hi all, does anyone know whats caused these lines in the plaster? Haven't seen it before but guessing it's just trowel marks. It looks like cracking but it feels perfectly smooth tho.

Also what's caused this in the last photo? Again, feels smooth, no bumps or anything. Just looks s**t

Cheers
What did you have done and how much did you pay?
Looks like bottom feeders quality.

This is what I've done in my house. Obviously i'm no plasterer but considering some of the work I've seen out there (and what I've seen on here) from so called plasterers I did it myself.
They're on different backgrounds. First 2 was on an artex ceiling that was scraped and 2 coats pva. Others was on an existing wall that had bonding, paint etc. again pva'd first.
I've done bits round the house before without this problem so just curious what causes it, mainly the first 3 pics.
Admittedly the last photo is just a small patch i did dry trowel the s**t out of just to see what would happen tbh but why does it make it look like that?

This is what I've done in my house. Obviously i'm no plasterer but considering some of the work I've seen out there (and what I've seen on here) from so called plasterers I did it myself.
They're on different backgrounds. First 2 was on an artex ceiling that was scraped and 2 coats pva. Others was on an existing wall that had bonding, paint etc. again pva'd first.
I've done bits round the house before without this problem so just curious what causes it, mainly the first 3 pics.
Admittedly the last photo is just a small patch i did dry trowel the s**t out of just to see what would happen tbh but why does it make it look like that?

Probably because it's not completely flat. You have gone over and over it and the trowel has polished the high points.

Best thing to do is get a bright light and shine it down the wall at an angle if it looks good then crack on and mist coat. If it looks sh*t (it will) then get the orbital sander out and blitz it before mist coating.