like the price then don't

PlasteRightUK

Hi all, just wondering if any of you hav ever put a price in for a job, customer agrees and then once you have done the job that want to argue about how much it is :muyenojado:

It's someone I sub work off of regular and I've been paid so now it's down to him to sort his money out obviously but was just curios if any of you have had the same thing.

Thanks

Exactly mate. How can you agree, shake on it then say you don't like the price lol! Well the fella has his work cut out with these two the wife :ROFLMAO: is the one who's complaining.

Exactly mate. How can you agree, shake on it then say you don't like the price lol! Well the fella has his work cut out with these two the wife :ROFLMAO: is the one who's complaining.

Written quote and T&C's document forming a contract, signed by customer and builder/contractor/trade before work starts. No dispute's over price, what was included, when it's done, when you get paid etc. even covers who's responsible for waste.

Everyone knows the score these days, if there's no contract in place then you're leaving yourself open to trouble. Why take the risk?

Written quote and T&C's document forming a contract, signed by customer and builder/contractor/trade before work starts. No dispute's over price, what was included, when it's done, when you get paid etc. even covers who's responsible for waste.

Everyone knows the score these days, if there's no contract in place then you're leaving yourself open to trouble. Why take the risk?

Thing is mate there is a contract in place as the guy does everything above board. So tbh the client hasent got a leg to stand on. Only thing is though a couple of different extras came up and then they started to talk if you pay cash bla bla bla so maybe that may effect it and have something to do with it?

Thing is mate there is a contract in place as the guy does everything above board. So tbh the client hasent got a leg to stand on. Only thing is though a couple of different extras came up and then they started to talk if you pay cash bla bla bla so maybe that may effect it and have something to do with it?

Yeah, if it's not in writing it's 'he said she said' and that's no good to anyone.

This is part of the guff that's on all my quotes and the red bits are the 4rse covering bits.

"
All payments must be made by BACS (preferred) or in the form of a cheque made payable to ‘The very nice builders (y) ’. Please note that we are unable to accept cash payments.

Notes:

1. Building control fees are not included in this quotation and building control or planning applications remain the responsibility of the customer unless arranged otherwise and confirmed in writing.
  2. Access and provision shall be made to allow materials and equipment to be placed on the property during the period in which works take place.
  3. All work and materials will be certified and guaranteed as appropriate, and completed in line with current building regulations and local authority guidelines.
  4. Any additional work or materials required will be discussed and costs agreed with customer prior to commencing.
  5. All alterations or deviations requested by The very nice builders, Building Control, the Architect, or the customer shall be communicated in writing prior to being made effective.
  6. All waste will be disposed of by licensed waste management companies.
"

Yeah, if it's not in writing it's 'he said she said' and that's no good to anyone.

This is part of the guff that's on all my quotes and the red bits are the 4rse covering bits.

"
All payments must be made by BACS (preferred) or in the form of a cheque made payable to ‘The very nice builders (y) ’. Please note that we are unable to accept cash payments.

Notes:

1. Building control fees are not included in this quotation and building control or planning applications remain the responsibility of the customer unless arranged otherwise and confirmed in writing.
  2. Access and provision shall be made to allow materials and equipment to be placed on the property during the period in which works take place.
  3. All work and materials will be certified and guaranteed as appropriate, and completed in line with current building regulations and local authority guidelines.
  4. Any additional work or materials required will be discussed and costs agreed with customer prior to commencing.
  5. All alterations or deviations requested by The very nice builders, Building Control, the Architect, or the customer shall be communicated in writing prior to being made effective.
  6. All waste will be disposed of by licensed waste management companies.
"
Well that sounds good to me and that way like you say covers everything and covers yourself. Best way really and then no come backs or arguments.

Well that sounds good to me and that way like you say covers everything and covers yourself. Best way really and then no come backs or arguments.

It's a shame that it has to work like that because a few people want to take the p1ss, but that's the way it is. I explain to customers that it protects me and them. In simple terms it shows what will and won't be done, how much it will cost and when the bill will be paid, leaving no doubt on either side.

It's a shame that it has to work like that because a few people want to take the p1ss, but that's the way it is. I explain to customers that it protects me and them. In simple terms it shows what will and won't be done, how much it will cost and when the bill will be paid, leaving no doubt on either side.

Couldn't agree more mate. It's to protect everyone at the end of the day and then we all know where we stand and what the job consists of ect.

There are a core of people who get work done at an agreed price and then want to cut it when the work is done. These people, some of them developers, work on the idea that if they hold out long enough, you will get desperate and capitulate for the reduced price. They are scum.

Yeah true I have known this from developers and such like. This is a damp proofing job in a home basement of a doctor. 2 doctors I should say his wife and him. Just trying to be tight bastards. At the end of the day you can't agree a price and then once the work is done change your mind. That's just a piss take! Maybe after they are out of the theatre and mending someone the hospital should say your not getting paid this week you have helped people out the goodness of your heart how do you feel knowing you have saved a life and not getting paid :burlas:

I hate that we have come to this... gone are the days where people trusted each other
Agreed, da is a photographer and after doing work (album or whatever) someone didn't pay him, and he took them to court and the court ruled in favour of the other cut as no contract had been signed to say there was to be payment for photos. Cos that's how life works, people do that for free. Place has went to s**t

Yeah it's just scummy people who want something for nothing. I'm sure our kids would be fine with us going to work for f**k all and saying sorry no Xmas pressies this year lol. Honestly people wind me up, I mean let's face it our trade is some serious graft at times and this job has been one of those jobs l, a pain from the start!

Most people in my experience are usually sound to deal with, but you just get the odd tosser as with any walk of life.
Totally agree. Always get that 1 out off like 100 jobs so I suppose isn't that bad. Just winds me up that people can be like that when they know how hard you have worked to do a good job for them ect.

I find if you say in a kinda of is he joking tone . I.ll get hammer comes of easier then it goes on they tend to get point lol

Top tip. If a builder is given u the run around with money. Not answering his phone. Get his wife's number or call to his house and put the pressure on her. U will get the money and fast. I ones just bumped into a clients wife doing a school run. In front of everyone there I just said. What's the story with your husband. He hasn't paid me for the work I did on your house. And he won't answer the phone. Am going to have to take yous to court. To get my money. How could you get someone in to do work and supply the materials. And yous with intention of paying. She went red in the face. A posh c**t to. She just wanted the ground to open up lol. Got a phone call that night. U are harassing my wife lol. I just said have my money u prick or am going to kick your head in its that simple. I said u have my bank details as I sent it to u. I'll see your wife in a few days if not at the school again. I put the phone down. Got the money. She still go's red when she sees me and that was years ago.

Top tip. If a builder is given u the run around with money. Not answering his phone. Get his wife's number or call to his house and put the pressure on her. U will get the money and fast. I ones just bumped into a clients wife doing a school run. In front of everyone there I just said. What's the story with your husband. He hasn't paid me for the work I did on your house. And he won't answer the phone. Am going to have to take yous to court. To get my money. How could you get someone in to do work and supply the materials. And yous with intention of paying. She went red in the face. A posh c**t to. She just wanted the ground to open up lol. Got a phone call that night. U are harassing my wife lol. I just said have my money u prick or am going to kick your head in its that simple. I said u have my bank details as I sent it to u. I'll see your wife in a few days if not at the school again. I put the phone down. Got the money. She still go's red when she sees me and that was years ago.

A very good one mate. Made me chuckle this morning. I once had a problem with a guy who done this to me, I phoned his wife at work and also said I will have to go round your mothers if I can't find you or you don't pay me. I honestly was so pissed off. The c**t was driving a new car and what he owed me was the payments for my car. We are not talking about few hundred quid or even a grand. Tbh I doesn't matter though if it's a pound or a million it's the principle. I was willing to take any means necessary. It worked and I was paid within the week.

Another good line is .
Customer " oh why that hammer shapped like a axe on one side"
Me " one side for hammering other for non paying customers.( then the is he joking or not laugh)
Lol yeah sounds about right mate. Thing is mate these are the measures you h e to take now days. Why do people think it's ok for you to buy materials and do the work and not pay. Fair enough if it's a s**t hole or you done a bad job. But with most of us we know that's not the case.

yup yup yup! Ours includes waste, should they decide to fit new carpet/flooring before work starts, deposit, payment upon receipt of invoice and the job description entails exactly what we're doing (ie, what we're not doing)

Hi all, just wondering if any of you hav ever put a price in for a job, customer agrees and then once you have done the job that want to argue about how much it is :muyenojado:

It's someone I sub work off of regular and I've been paid so now it's down to him to sort his money out obviously but was just curios if any of you have had the same thing.

Thanks
Just get your cock out and threaten anyone they will get dry bummed if they hsve a disagreement or a problem!!?? Dont forget to dip your helmet in blue grit first and sprinkle some dried chilli flakes

Just get your cock out and threaten anyone they will get dry bummed if they hsve a disagreement or a problem!!?? Dont forget to dip your helmet in blue grit first and sprinkle some dried chilli flakes
Why didn't I think of this!?! Sounds like I may even enjoy it tho :bananahappy:

Brilliant

To be far I.ve only been stung twice n they both went bust . Only lost bout 500 all together. Other then that I.ve never been stung but seem to work for sound builders who always good with cash. Never ever done a invoice or owt terms n condition . Just a handshake ,though one thing I say on big jobs if I have to sort gear is I get payment on delivery

Yeah usually it's just a hand shake. But with the work I'm doing for this other guy he has to do surveys ect for the damp works and give Guarantee for all work.

a plasterer I worked with put a child of a client in the van cos they arguing over the bill... the guy was nuts but he always got paid
I think that's maybe going over the top :LOL:, not only that if anyone ever done that to my child.. well I wouldn't like to say what I'd do lol.