Leaving Mono open.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're doing any amount of mono regularly, you need a machine. You'll want a ritmo if your doing domestics. Tbh, I'm surprised that people make out the machines are hard work to set up. When I had my first machine and training I took a teenage stoner with me, he then setup and sprayed without hitch everyday onwards.

Get a ritmo.thats my tip.
If labour time saved is greater than material cost which wouldn't be much over an average house of say 100m2 then it would be worth it.

I'm thinking of winter when accelerator will help but still not super quick.

Have thought about a machine.
Need to find out some more info but thinking the salesman will tell me what I want to hear.
I only do domestic and a mix of traditional and mono.

Any tips?

It will turn you into a man from a boy

some good tips there guys,
started to use my ritmo l this week for the first time, been used to hand applying over the years, only myself and a lab. its going to take a while to get the hang of it. brought my water back to 250ltrs and it was like piss?and then set it at 200ltr, this was still wet, what do use think im doing wrong?
thought this was roughly the setting mind you its going on to there fibre base, not block. was just hanging there and some sliding.

Getting material right is crucial.just have a gauging trowel in hand as it's coming out to find consistency.itll need to be wetter than hand applied gear mind.
I normall get around half a bucket of gear out to find my water gauge on set up for new material

I generally start around 200 and adjust it whilst the machine is running to suit(without mortar hose on)when you get it right remember this the next morning.it will change slightly when R&s needs tightening.

I generally start around 200 and adjust it whilst the machine is running to suit(without mortar hose on)when you get it right remember this the next morning.it will change slightly when R&s needs tightening.

You using clampables rob? You getting any more than usual with maintenance free? Do you have a pressure gauge as well as I presume you would need one when using a clamp?

thanks @bobby. i was told to start at 350 and bring down to 250 but had it at 200 and still felt a little wet (not able to build out )
this is a new machine

Ive not long had my machine and we started at 250 when your testing the mix. found most colours from weber are between 220-180. took me a while to get used to not having the gear like i would for hand application and spraying it wetter.

Runs like a sewing machine now though......................:whistle:(y)

Ive not long had my machine and we started at 250 when your testing the mix. found most colours from weber are between 220-180. took me a while to get used to not having the gear like i would for hand application and spraying it wetter.

Runs like a sewing machine now though......................:whistle:(y)
just dont tit around with them to much ,as you say wetter is better, i always spray with 2 passes to make life easy ,glad your getting there John ,takes time mate ,but having Les on speed dial ,you will never go wrong !

jnr get the lab to look at the gauge where the material hose connects when you're spraying you want it at about 1 bar per meter of hose i try for about 16 bar with 15 meter hose on all the gears got different water settings

Status
Not open for further replies.