labourers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky 10

hi lads been on a few sites now some plastering some general labouring when i speak with other plasterers nearly all off them say they the cant afford to pay a labourer or there isn't enough work to have one with them and you never see them advertised at the job centre are plasterers labourers a thing of the past now

There still about , i rarely work without one even tho they leave tools behind on the jobs mess up my van and snap my drill lead and pass wind all day ::)

i would quite happily lose 30/40 a day whatever it is, just to have someone mix up, wash out, carry tools, sweep up, hoover on domestic and go on a shop run!

it's hard to find a good one these days even though their job is 100% easier than it used to be ???

unless it's a big job i don't like using them.

You have to be tuff on them , the best labourers i have worked with come from blokes that treat them hard .

alot of labourers these days think they are there to mix up. and thats it. all the plasterer should be doing really is skimming/boarding/floating etc.

thanx church i can plaster av worked for a couple of agys and they have asked me back but i would like to work with a experienced guy and learn more

grand wizard said:
2+1 is the best way to work

agree mate, still get loads done. not too much cost on day rate etc. you know how the other lad works. can do pretty much any wall/ceiling between you

church said:
There still about , i rarely work without one even tho they leave tools behind on the jobs mess up my van and snap my drill lead and pass wind all day ::)

How dare you call me your labourer....lol

Danny

I sometimes use a labourer but only on bigger jobs, I have had young and old, but the problem is nobody treats your tools the way you do specially the youngsters, no offence to all labourers as i was one myself.

There is two tools nobody touches but me and that’s my two trowels.

As the other guys have said hang in there as work in picking up now.

When I was in my younger days what i used to do was when there was some building work going on I used to ask if they wanted a labourer, even if it was a few hours a day cleaning up the rubbish for them, that’s how I got my feet into construction, sometimes it’s the only way to show what you can do to make an impression and get to know other trades.

thats good advice mate also tell them you can prep for next hit get a cscs card aswell

bry said:
I sometimes use a labourer but only on bigger jobs, I have had young and old, but the problem is nobody treats your tools the way you do specially the youngsters, no offence to all labourers as i was one myself.

There is two tools nobody touches but me and that’s my two trowels.

As the other guys have said hang in there as work in picking up now.

When I was in my younger days what i used to do was when there was some building work going on I used to ask if they wanted a labourer, even if it was a few hours a day cleaning up the rubbish for them, that’s how I got my feet into construction, sometimes it’s the only way to show what you can do to make an impression and get to know other trades. Im really good at labouring now and Im thinking about approaching a plasterer
and showing him my trowels, they're spotless, just like the day I bought them.
Dont worry mate, collecting the rubbish maybe boring but it gets me onto sites

Yea but it dont exactly help him get experience on the trowel tho ???

True
I'm not saying for him to do that, just quoting that’s the way I learned and how I got my experience and prove that I can do it.
And whilst working as a labourer for a small company they funded for a 2 year college course for me.

Ricky10 Have you thought about doing a college course.

so am i mate, when i was a labourer i kept the van spotless. now i just chuck it all in the back.

ricky 10 said:
ive done a 2 year course mate qualified last year and just had bits and pieces of work.
I dont just do teh rubbish alltho i have to say its my favourite, I also does teh window
cleaning and teh 2 year course in web site demand is gonna help me be a plasterer. Hey, if
Oasis can do it ...... ;D

FFS, WOTS ALL THAT ABOUT ???

i pay labourers £6 hour = baked spud from cosco ;)

im sick to the teeth telling the lads to clean the tools, clean the buckets

get a mix on, every hour of every day they just dont listern!

they walk plaster all over the show and constintly on the moby

a bit like the wife wouldnt be without them ;D ;D ;D

Plasterite said:

over payin them then mate, thats 46 per day

Bruce Willis said:
Plasterite said:

over payin them then mate, thats 46 per day
:D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.