Labourers wages

Mag

I pay my lad £60 a day on internals & £80 when we use the machine that's take home am I paying him to much ?

It depends if you think he's worth it or not. If he's keen, does a good job and turns up on time, then he's worth every penny. As long as you're pricing his wages into the job makes no difference what he's paid.

It depends if you think he's worth it or not. If he's keen, does a good job and turns up on time, then he's worth every penny. As long as you're pricing his wages into the job makes no difference what he's paid.
When rendering then yes that's true as u can earn good money but not so much on internal as the money isn't no where as good plus there only knocking up 4/5 bags of finish a day and cleaning up ?

Good labourers earn you money, bad labourers loose you money simple really, I've 2 good ones they earn there money and bead up , clean up set machines up, run machines, seal mono , fix gutters the list is endless.
There doing jobs a 'skilled' fella would other wise have to do, at half the money.

Good labourers earn you money, bad labourers loose you money simple really, I've 2 good ones they earn there money and bead up , clean up set machines up, run machines, seal mono , fix gutters the list is endless.
There doing jobs a 'skilled' fella would other wise have to do, at half the money.
think i need to change my status back to labourer

Most I know get 80 a shift. Sad state of affairs when some plasterers are happy with £100 a day and the labourers are 20 quid behind them.
I'd
might as fewkin well be marra.............Ritmo is hibernating now anyway keith..............:rock:

My ritmo is coming out next week and the week after. There is no way am pushing sand and cement up walls when the machine is there. I've a house to skim I'll be getting mp finish and putting it through the ritmo if I have to skim the house. Hope I don't have to skim it though.

He mite not be worth that on internals but with sounds of it ur creaming it off him on externals and if you lose him because u want to pay him £10 less wen on internals ull kick urself wen ur bk on external with no help..

I'll be keeping my ritmo going through out the winter, the dirty little strumpit is gagging for render can't get enough.

I pay my lad £60 a day on internals & £80 when we use the machine that's take home am I paying him to much ?
your giving them a life skill