K rend & webber mono ( help please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth movez

Hi guys

Following my other post on applying k rend I still have a few questions which I would greatly appreciate if anyone coul help me with.

1. Once applied and ruled flat do I need to do anything else like flatten out trowel marks , rub up with a float like with s&c render or a sponge?

2. Which or the refina scrapers gives the best finish 15 mm or 8 mm spikes

3. Is it best to use a stop bead accross the bottom so a flat Finnish can be achieved or Belcast? If belcast how can the finish be achieved without the float digging in?

4. is it best to use a stop bead around windows and external 90' angles or ordinary angle bead?

Cheers :)

Apply rule to a flat surface and leave don't close it in to much or it will be harder to scratch use 15mm beads on angles and 15 stops at dpc I think it looks s**t if you use a bellcast

use 10mm beads as when substrate is out of line gives you more to play with when dabbing beads on and will give you your 15mm thickness

Interesting post Smooth Moves and one I hope you dont mind me jumping on the back of.

In a nutshell, I just rendered a bungalow in Weber Pral M but part of the garage blockwork was in such a bad state I decided to S&C scratch coat it all first to get it somewhere handy. Layed on my Monocouche after just 2 days of the scratch going on and it looked grand once I used a nail float the next day (8mm btw)

After 5 days customer calls me to say a massive crack has appeared but that he was off on holiday could I sort it out when he gets back. I said of course I could and had a sneaky peak today on my way home.

Half the bloody wall has blown - I put mesh in scratch coat so any ideas on why only half has blown or is it just 'one of those things' ??

Its not a massive area just soul destroying to see it happen as it looked bloody lovely when it was first done.

Could it be the scratch coat was too green ??

Any ideas on what might have happened and how best to remedy it greatly appreciated !!

pwi said:
Apply rule to a flat surface and leave don't close it in to much or it will be harder to scratch use 15mm beads on angles and 15 stops at dpc I think it looks (german word) if you use a bellcast

thanks for that pwi

so no need to use a float to rub up?
What size scraper do you use 8 mm or 15? Cheers

pristineplastering said:
Interesting post Smooth Moves and one I hope you dont mind me jumping on the back of.

In a nutshell, I just rendered a bungalow in Weber Pral M but part of the garage blockwork was in such a bad state I decided to S&C scratch coat it all first to get it somewhere handy. Layed on my Monocouche after just 2 days of the scratch going on and it looked grand once I used a nail float the next day (8mm btw)

After 5 days customer calls me to say a massive crack has appeared but that he was off on holiday could I sort it out when he gets back. I said of course I could and had a sneaky peak today on my way home.

Half the bloody wall has blown - I put mesh in scratch coat so any ideas on why only half has blown or is it just 'one of those things' ??

Its not a massive area just soul destroying to see it happen as it looked bloody lovely when it was first done.

Could it be the scratch coat was too green ??

Any ideas on what might have happened and how best to remedy it greatly appreciated !!

I never knew you could mono ove s@c scratch coat tbh
I thought you should use rendaid if on brickwork then apply the mono after a couple of days.

it might of been better with hpx with mesh in for the state of that then topped off dont like the idea of s/c scratch then mono on top i would prefer to use all the same brand sounds like you didnt leave the scratch long enough to settle down or it could be as grand says

A new build block of flats by me in England was Mono on S+C which i thought strange. in Spain all older houses are S+C rendered first before mono but usualy left a couple of months before its done dosent seem to be any problems.

Bump! Still need some questions answering please guys.

Do I need to to use a float to rub up the mono? & do I need to make sure I smooth out all trowel lines befor scraping the next day? Cheers In advance :)

smooth movez said:

Do I need to to use a float to rub up the mono? & do I need to make sure I smooth out all trowel lines befor scraping the next day? Cheers In advance :)

no and no

richardbrown said:
smooth movez said:

no and no

thanks Richard ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.