Just curious

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they have been taught to render by someone who was taught to render by their mate who was taught to render by their mate on site in 1986..... That's the problem with rendering, at least most plasterers are time served apprentices...maybe...
like me :RpS_biggrin:

Ha, and me...at least there were no mobiles around in 1987....although I did nip off to make a phone call from a phone box once (remember them...) and as a punishment I opened my lunch box to reveal a massive ****....welcome to site son....

The stars are sh*t...by the way

I guessed it was sh1t. Suppose it could have been c0ck. Imagine that. Opening your butty box to find a large severed cock. Sure this will inspire @Jurek for another weird google search

Last edited by a moderator:
I guessed it was sh1t. Suppose it could have been c0ck. Imagine that. Opening your butty box to find a large severed cock. Sure this will inspire @Jurek for another weird google search

It could have been a massive c**t, I know a few of them...

Took me about 3 years before I was really confident with my work but also by then I had my marketing strategy nailed and was making good money....

Plastering is just the half of it you will also need to learn how to run a business :)

Plastering is just the half of it you will also need to learn how to run a business :)

That's true no matter what trade you're in. I know some blokes who are truly excellent at their trades, but totally useless at running a business and more than a few of them have failed at self employment. I also know some guys who's work leaves a lot to be desired (putting it politely) but they can run businesses and make a decent living.

Cash flow is the most important thing in running a business IMHO, and particularly a small one. You can operate for years not making a profit, but cash flow problems can take you down in a couple of months.

We tried that in the past....

Our biggest issue was spending money on legal fees and advice with the trademark...

Hopefully this year we will be ok :)

Just wondering how long it sorta took some of you to learn the trade well enough to go work on your own and did you start of just taking small easier jobs or just jump right into whatever work came in

6 weeks

The prick I learned from claimed to know everything, but now im on my own and worked on other jobs with other spreads ive learned so much more and better ways of doing things. The amount you learn on your own is unreal . No one knows everything

Status
Not open for further replies.