Mav123

I decided to skim one wall in my bedroom as new electrics were being put in. I've put a before and after picture, my question is why is half the room still dark after 2 weeks? I bonded the chased parts out, PVA'd the entire wall and then used Thistle multi finish once the PVA was tacky. Is there any test other than the colour of the plaster to check if it is dry? Windows have been open for 2 weeks too! Any help is appreciated. (Don't mind the skirting board)

Attachments

• Snapchat-707906587.jpg
    Snapchat-707906587.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
  • 20230917_195234.jpg
    20230917_195234.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 188
I decided to skim one wall in my bedroom as new electrics were being put in. I've put a before and after picture, my question is why is half the room still dark after 2 weeks? I bonded the chased parts out, PVA'd the entire wall and then used Thistle multi finish once the PVA was tacky. Is there any test other than the colour of the plaster to check if it is dry? Windows have been open for 2 weeks too! Any help is appreciated. (Don't mind the skirting board)
It’s dry.

Did you brush it on?

Don't paint that pal.

Might look alright to you because you don't know what you're looking at (this is how @Casper gets paid) but once it's painted you'll see you've made a mess of it.

Save yourself some time and some paint and get someone in.

Don't paint that pal.

Might look alright to you because you don't know what you're looking at (this is how @Casper gets paid) but once it's painted you'll see you've made a mess of it.

Save yourself some time and some paint and get someone in.
Thanks for your reply mate, I am really short on money and can't really afford to get someone in within the next 2 months. I'd be happy to sand it down (which defeats the purpose of skimming but I learnt the hard way) as long as the paint won't start flaking/peeling off providing it is dry enough?

Thanks for your reply mate, I am really short on money and can't really afford to get someone in within the next 2 months. I'd be happy to sand it down (which defeats the purpose of skimming but I learnt the hard way) as long as the paint won't start flaking/peeling off providing it is dry enough?
Don't do that either.

It won't sand.

Cover the whole wall in filler. Maybe something like lite blu and trowel it as flat as you can.

Then sand that back.

Sorry...I thought you were taking the piss but you actually sound genuine

Don't do that either.

It won't sand.

Cover the whole wall in filler. Maybe something like lite blu and trowel it as flat as you can.

Then sand that back.
Thinking of getting Diall Fine finish Ready mixed Finishing plaster. Would I need to PVA the current plaster or is it ok to put it straight on?

Thinking of getting Diall Fine finish Ready mixed Finishing plaster. Would I need to PVA the current plaster or is it ok to put it straight on?
No!

You'll land in the exact same position as you are now.

You need filler because it will sand.

Usually easyfill but you'vegot a whole wall to do so probably best to use jointimg compound.

Some job that pal !! I bet some of these lads on here will paste that on there websites as there work !! Well there Facebook page !!