Is it worth buying a machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBPlasteringmcr

I work on my own and mainly do domestic work. I've been looking at buying a ritmo. Is it worth buying one for the sort of work I do? Once I have finished doing this nvq so I can get my CSCS card I will be looking into site work as well.

Thanks lol, just been watching the videos on YouTube, it looks so much easier. And I'm willing to pay to make life easier lol but if it's not worth buying one I won't bother lol

I was thinking more for rendering jobs than just skimming, just thought it might make life easy when you have a full house. What work do you use you machine on?

Domestic is a no no unless its a full room skim. For site yes its great if you did get one you would have to shift more to site work

I was thinking more for rendering jobs than just skimming, just thought it might make life easy when you have a full house. What work do you use you machine on?

Although we've had our Ritmo for some months now we are still to use it. Personally if I were to be rendering whole houses on my own (of which I've done many) I would not use a machine but if you were to take on a labourer or team up with another spread then the machine would be perfect. I wouldn't outlay the money needed just to skim on domestic jobs even if it's whole rooms.

for rendering yes if you had a team of you but i can say i have never seen any1 skim with one and i doubt i will for some year yet..... save your money buy a good drill and generator and away you go shag

I'm thinking the same at the moment m8, theres many of jobs I could do alot quicker with a machine. I'm sure it would make life easier, also if your working the machine how easy is it waving a wand around all day, couple of spreads following behind much prefer to be doing that. Its alot of money to fork out though.

Although we've had our Ritmo for some months now we are still to use it. Personally if I were to be rendering whole houses on my own (of which I've done many) I would not use a machine but if you were to take on a labourer or team up with another spread then the machine would be perfect. I wouldn't outlay the money needed just to skim on domestic jobs even if it's whole rooms.
you could easily use the rit on your own andy get it out and fire it up

if you think that you will be spending a lot of your time mixing bagged material and putting it on the wall then a machine will benefit. It won't always be faster but will be easier. The more experience and confidence you gain using it the more beneficial it becomes to your gang.

I'm thinking the same at the moment m8, theres many of jobs I could do alot quicker with a machine. I'm sure it would make life easier, also if your working the machine how easy is it waving a wand around all day, couple of spreads following behind much prefer to be doing that. Its alot of money to fork out though.
Which jobs are they mate

You can put twenty or so bags of mono on with a ritmo on your own by 10.30, I have many times, a lad bought 22 bags of mono of me the other day to put on by hand, weber silver pearl, I spoke to him today he said it nearly killed him on his own, not with a little machine it don't.

They ought to invent a machine with a ******* great big hopper you can pour bags into and leave it too it

They ought to invent a machine with a ******* great big hopper you can pour bags into and leave it too it

they call them silos jenks and they are huge. spoke to a moosh the other day and he got one built into his van showed me photos the lot

you could easily use the rit on your own andy get it out and fire it up

Might have a very awkward 1000m2 of skimming coming up Gary which it would really suit so the day may be getting nearer, all I need now is a **** off great big cavity closer and we'll be rich.

I bought the hopper extension for the Ritmo Dave, I think Stu said it will hold seven bags in all.

Might have a very awkward 1000m2 of skimming coming up Gary which it would really suit so the day may be getting nearer, all I need now is a **** off great big cavity closer and we'll be rich.

I bought the hopper extension for the Ritmo Dave, I think Stu said it will hold seven bags in all.

about 7 mono, 5ish hardwall

You can put twenty or so bags of mono on with a ritmo on your own by 10.30, I have many times, a lad bought 22 bags of mono of me the other day to put on by hand, weber silver pearl, I spoke to him today he said it nearly killed him on his own, not with a little machine it don't.

we did 80 after lunch the other day :)

Work on you own ?? no no no for the machine mate ,keep your money in your pocket ,and i do have a machine !

Mental jenks has he built an actual silo or parks his van under the silo?
now you asked i have forgotten. I think maybe the silo was on a trailer or in is van and he empty say 50 bags in the silo, puts his machine under it and sprays. whatever it was he said he spent 60k doin it
bloke from down south west

now you asked i have forgotten. I think maybe the silo was on a trailer or in is van and he empty say 50 bags in the silo, puts his machine under it and sprays. whatever it was he said he spent 60k doin it
bloke from down south west
Piss myself if it started raining while he's spraying lol

You had a call about your mixing shaft yet andy? Is urs the galvy one aswell?

You had a call about your mixing shaft yet andy? Is urs the galvy one aswell?

Yeah had the call and sent a pic of our mixing shaft to Stu. Ours is a galvanised one but I've not heard back from Stu as yet whether it's the same as yours. I think I'll leave the Ritmo where it is until you've got any little teething problems sorted and then I can pester the life out of you rather than Stu lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.