internal render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer

old factory wall internal, making good, old sand cement haggled and falling off wall, area 4 seperate patches of aprox 5 square meters by 50mm thick, i was going to use cement lime sand 1:2:9 and plastercisor, and finish off with multi finish plaster. wondering if i could use ready mixed white lime morter 4:1 and just add 1 ratio of cement, does this make sence ? then a week later plaster with multi finish :-\

whats a factory wall mate has it got a key?.......with the putty you can but i cant see the point if youre going to finish it with multi, also you say you have to build out 50mm so youre looking at at least 3 coats i'd go stronger and add a shovel or two extra sand as you build out the coats

who's job is it ;D..........go to photobucket upload the pic then copy and paste the img code onto this page ;)

i meant the premixed lime youre talking about ......if youre keeping with tradition it seems pointless going over the top with multi cause itll seal it, you could use limelight and limelight finish made by tarmac or i'd just go down the sbr slurry s/c route

sign up to photobucket.com, up load the picture to the site. it will then give u an img code which you copy and past including the

type photobucket into google click on photobucket open an account theres a big blue box in the middle saying upload photos click on this find youre pic in youre documents click on it when its finished save it then copy the img code under the pic onto this page .............good luck ;D

spunky said:
i meant the premixed lime youre talking about ......if youre keeping with tradition it seems pointless going over the top with multi cause itll seal it, you could use limelight and limelight finish made by tarmac or i'd just go down the sbr slurry s/c route

well it wasnt really tradition, Joseph Parrs sell 25kg bags of ready mixed white morer 4:1 just thought it would be better job than just sand cement, its a job ive done lots of times with sand cement but thought it might last longer with the lime, and maybe repell damp in future and improve workability?

i would of thought the lime will breathe and will allow more moisture through tbh i'd stick with sand cement mate

shouldnt be paying for photobucket mate ???

Yes come on danny it is a right hassle getting pics on this site mate... the dosh your making you can afford a bit more bandwith

spunky said:
dab em ;D
Hi Spunky m8
d+d sounds good, but floor covering is lino, (no Skirt's) haunch and comes up wall aprox 5 inches (old style)
Applied a coat of Knauf Betokontakt today in preparation for Monday morning.
Ps did u c the pictures of the job i posted on photo bucket?
Jobs becoming a real pain, been asked for risk assessments, and method statement, some of the repair work is in the canteen area, its not a problem providing all this info but its time consuming
Only been asked to patch, but im thinking screed flush with plaster / paintwork and in two weeks apply a coat of Betokontakt to the whole wall including the high glossed area and when dry finish off with multi finish plaster? ? ?

betocontakts perfect mate ;)..........my brother in laws a plumber he just changed a toilet seat in buckingham palace for 400 quid ;D........why because he's been there before and was the only person who previously covered method statements, risk assesment etc so he could do the job quick.............its all b*ll***s mate half the time its to justify some pricks wage in h&s

Thanks Spunky
I tried to give you a reputation. but when i tried i got this message, "Please spread the love" before giving it to this user again.
anyway thanks 4 your constructive input m8 ;) ;) re assuring ;)

hey i dont like that bit "before giving it to this user again) im married 25 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.