Insurance quotes work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey07

How do you other plasterers rumble a customer when you know they are just using you for a quote and got no intention giving you the work??as for myself,when they phone I instantly ask them for the insurance company they use,and 9 times out of 10 they immediately tell you (which is good) but to rumble them I always ask them for the quote ref number which they are not really to happy to give you if they are up to no good,I had someone ring me last night trying it on,arranged to pop round last night,then by this morning the job was all off,she must of thought long and hard last night the shifty fecker.

hi, am newly self employed plasterer, desperately looking for work in Grimsby area, can you please advise how can I get work from insurance company , I.e what steps I need to make such member with certain association? your advice most appreciated thanks Ryan @ Arris Plastering

if one of your mates is a loss adjuster then you will get the work . if not you will not be in the loop.

Its impossible to get involved with insurance work unless you no someone :)

Yes £25 a quote is essential :) That is there to cover costs :)

Danny

I thought about charging but changed my mind i usually go round give them advise ask then what the want written down usually quote for the decoration and everything else then in the future may get something or even recommended to other people. i rarely get the work unless its a friend and we share everyones quotes :)

Haha pisses me off big time!! Will start charging sounds like a plan..

i try to ascertain as much as possible over the phone no matter what the job is, as soon as it becomes clear that its an insurance job I hang up!

99% of the time they don't even get the work done they just get the check and go on holiday or something!!

personally I go round give a free estimate, but realistically know I am wasting my time, but every now and again I do get a job or two, its a difficult one this as other comments have said but I think you should quote but don't get to carried away, I know of one builder in Carlisle who does 1,000 plus jobs a year purely insurance work, never mind all the usual extensions etc,

i know a chap who just works for a loss adjuster, he tells them that he employs 10 men when in fact there is only 2 of them. he just goes to the insured persons home and makes the place safe untill the work is handed out to building contractors. payments are 90 days, but i know that they is earning very good money.

i know a chap who just works for a loss adjuster, he tells them that he employs 10 men when in fact there is only 2 of them. he just goes to the insured persons home and makes the place safe untill the work is handed out to building contractors. payments are 90 days, but i know that they is earning very good money.

Yeah that's it that's why you can charge a premium.. Done a few myself and there are always crap to do, the said claimant thinks that the insurance company should do everything ie clearing a room out etc etc can't be arsed with them!

Yeah that's it that's why you can charge a premium.. Done a few myself and there are always crap to do, the said claimant thinks that the insurance company should do everything ie clearing a room out etc etc can't be arsed with them!
on an insurance claim, the work should be returned to the standard of the original.
we had a pub burn out, the loss adjuster came on site with a skip, every thing was smashed a placed in the skip, he made notes of every item.
the builder ripped up the teak flooring, only to find that you cannot purchase teak now. he replaced it with oak and had to write a cheque for £10.000 to the customer to accept a lower quality item.

How many times do you get the knock back when you say its a £25 charge per quote?

It works for me, spent more than enough time withpeople that don't give a toss about gettin the job done by a proffesionel and would rather make a few quid off you by givin the jobs to some dole Waller for the price of a few pints

Erm, people asking for quotes saying " I'm not caring if you are being expensive, I am wanting bestest quality, also family wanting work done "
ding a ling

Last edited by a moderator:
It works for me, spent more than enough time withpeople that don't give a toss about gettin the job done by a proffesionel and would rather make a few quid off you by givin the jobs to some dole Waller for the price of a few pints

Had exactly the same .... one recently saying come round and i'll tell you what needs doin - just laughed ... and another that was a friend of a friend who kept asking for quotes to be altered to include his excess ... just a ****** .... told him where to go and now when I see him driving his taxi I look and laugh - prob start charging for insurance quotes myself now to cut out idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.