i wonder

Members online

algeeman

It’s A Boy
@essexandy
@owls
@Danny
Screenshot_20191027-123952_One UI Home.jpg

I’ve no problem paying tax although vat is one of those stealth taxes added to some items but not to others.
I’d make it a straight 5% vat to any construction Labour and material cost its already 5% on some construction items aswell as 0% on new build. A flat 5% on any construction project would give the industry a shot in the arm and reduce cowboys and tossers doing cash jobs and not paying any tax.

I’ve no problem paying tax although vat is one of those stealth taxes added to some items but not to others.
I’d make it a straight 5% vat to any construction Labour and material cost its already 5% on some construction items aswell as 0% on new build. A flat 5% on any construction project would give the industry a shot in the arm and reduce cowboys and tossers doing cash jobs and not paying any tax.
Agree , always declare every penny , cash drives price down for honest trades ,

We’re far from broke,every developed country has a national debt of some sort. everyone should pay there fair share of tax it’s as simple as that.
I don't put the blame squarely on trades its a social disorder same as insurance , people adding on extras that got nicked , state of society , right down to returning goods , we all pay

Agree , always declare every penny , cash drives price down for honest trades ,
Listen fellas do the odd flyer on a weekend whatever cash yep, but when the backbone of your business is cash and your backpocketing it, it’s not on is it, Another reason why the construction industry gets a bad rep due to cowboys and the cash economy.

Listen fellas do the odd flyer on a weekend whatever cash yep, but when the backbone of your business is cash and your backpocketing it, it’s not on is it, Another reason why the construction gets a bad rep due to cowboys and the cash economy.
Apart from the moral issue don't understand their risk of pissedoff customer sobbing in , it must happen , just opening yourself to getting taken to the cleaners

its Going after big business aswell avoiding there share.
Gotta lead from the top , the only real winners with all this is dodgy accountant morals and worse is lawyers

Tax avoidance and tax evasion, one is immoral one is illegal, you make the definition....
Tax avoidance is nothing new they were doing it in the 1700s with the window tax, people got around it by bricking there windows up.
Even income tax was introduced by William Pitt the younger around the same time to fund a war against France, yet 300 years later we are still paying that...

The way the elderly are treated is national disgrace for a country that has the 7th largest GDP in the world.
Don't disagree , its a tough subject , needs better long term solutions , I'm not talking basic cash allowance more better housing schemes with community interactive services , their are a lot of extremely wealthy pensioners . . thinking a lot of people out their who have fixed end of salary deals , as usual the rich get the best tax avoidance advice , did a lot of work in care homes for dementia , money tucked away by families and state pays the lot , poor people often get no advice and pay through house sale tax