I couldn't wait for the eze skim set up

Members online

CeeVee

I literally couldn't wait to but the set up so I had a practise with my mono set up and a bag of multi.

I know...I know

Anyhow, the gun I got came with 4 nozzles and I thought "why wouldn't the fine spray nozzle work?"
So I got a bag of multi and a plasterboard set up in the garden...

Well....now I know why I need the skim set up.

Right bag of s**t.

For a start the nozzle spray is too small, the tubes are too fat and therefore the power is too high.
Seemed to spray on fine but when it came to the first flatten...well it just didn't flatten right. I couldn't get rid of the bloody ridges it put in it.

I put this down to two things.
1. The power of the spray.
2. The fact that the rotor/stator has the effect of re mixing the multi making it go off quicker.

Because of this I ain't using multi in my machine. Others may have a different experience of it....

I've got a few bags of knauf mp finish to practise with at a later date. I know full well it behaves differently when you re mix that.

Also...I'm gonna be patient and save my pennies to buy the skim set up.
It has narrower tubes and the Lance has a broader spray pattern.

Thought I could save over half a grand and use what I'd got...shiiiiiiiiiiiit...looks like I've got to spend!

Last edited:
I literally couldn't wait to but the set up so I had a practise with my mono set up and a bag of multi.

I know...I know

Anyhow, the gun I got came with 4 nozzles and I thought "why wouldn't the fine spray nozzle work?"
So I got a bag of multi and a plasterboard set up in the garden...

Well....now I know why I need the skim set up.

Right bag of s**t.

For a start the nozzle spray is too small, the tubes are too fat and therefore the power is too high.
Seemed to spray on fine but when it came to the first flatten...well it just didn't flatten right. I couldn't get rid of the bloody ridges it put in it.

I put this down to two things.
1. The power of the spray.
2. The fact that the rotor/stator has the effect of re mixing the multi making it go off quicker.

Because of this I ain't using multi in my machine. Others may have a different experience of it....

I've got a few bags of knauf mp finish to practise with at a later date. I know full well it behaves differently when you re mix that.

Also...I'm gonna be patient and save my pennies to buy the skim set up.
It has narrower tubes and the Lance has a broader spray pattern.

Thought I could save over half a grand and use what I'd got...shiiiiiiiiiiiit...looks like I've got to spend!
You would of been better off with a machine that mixes and pumps

For now I'd be paranoid mate.
If someone just went to the toilet and flushed....that's all my mix wasted and a machine that needs cleaning out.

I can't afford extra for a water tank and pump...so that's why I got an eze.

For now I'd be paranoid mate.
If someone just went to the toilet and flushed....that's all my mix wasted and a machine that needs cleaning out.

I can't afford extra for a water tank and pump...so that's why I got an eze.
That doesn't happen, If the machine loses water pressure it will shut itself down before it will block up.

I bet it made a right mess spraying multi with that mortar hose and gun!!
Surely you can afford to spend 500 to upgrade to a skim set up?

Just a small circle...I knew it was a bad idea as soon as I started setting the machine up.
Live and learn!
we have to try these things i spray multi wet with the ritmo i have done 80 m2 on my own with no problem of it going off

we have to try these things i spray multi wet with the ritmo i have done 80 m2 on my own with no problem of it going off
Can't fault you.
That's the trouble with machines like mine..it's like mixing it twice.
I'll more than likely get the mixing unit for this in the near future or even go for a ritmo once I'm well practised in spraying...

Can't fault you.
I'll more than likely get the mixing unit for this in the near future or even go for a ritmo once I'm well practised in spraying...

It's the same principle with a mixing machine. Mixers in the chamber and then goes through the R/S again. Head over to our YouTube channel, there is a guy using the EZE 24 with board finish - great results

Yeah thanks lads I did hear it needs to be wetter but wasn't sure by how much.
I mixed about 2 thirds of a bag as I'd normally use ìt then added another litre of water...does anyone have a ratio?

Can't fault you.
To mix gear then put it in a machine is just madness ,your machine is great for bucket coats

To mix gear then put it in a machine is just madness ,your machine is great for bucket coats

Agree to a certain extent. Yet many people still use machines such as the Ritmo and M100 the same way, mix and pour. Its not uncommon.

Its what serves a purpose and does what it says it will - its also down to what people can afford at the time of purchase. The EZE 24 will spray renders, EWI and plasters for around £4600 + VAT. If you buy the Render, Skim and EWI setup for a machine like the Ritmo it becomes expensive

Think when you buy any machine its getting the right one for your needs ,no point in spending £4600 if you think you will earn your money back on mono ,with the added labour ,my machine is my labourer ,frees us up to get it on the wall

Think when you buy any machine its getting the right one for your needs ,no point in spending £4600 if you think you will earn your money back on mono ,with the added labour ,my machine is my labourer ,frees us up to get it on the wall
To true Keith
I normally have the apprentice loading bags but ran the Ritmo today on my own spraying and loading!!!

how long would it take to knock up 14 bags and put it in a machine ?,sod paying a lad to do something my machine can do

how long would it take to knock up 14 bags and put it in a machine ?,sod paying a lad to do something my machine can do

Most guys using machines have a guy purely there to load the machine, it makes little or no difference if he knocks it up and pours it in or if he cracks a bag on the hopper.

I do also sell mixing machines, 110v - 3Phase and we obviously have the new one coming out. We wouldn't be selling these if there wasn't the demand, or if they didn't do what they are meant to...

Most guys using machines have a guy purely there to load the machine, it makes little or no difference if he knocks it up and pours it in or if he cracks a bag on the hopper.
Most buy the machine not to do that !with respect ,i,m sure if you was a renderer you would rather save £15 k a year on a lad doing something that takes two minutes to open a bag in a machine,then let the machine do the rest

Your kidding right?
You being a experienced machine guy must know it takes seconds to mix and pump a bag
Mixing it and pouring would take twice as long if not longer?