how much sbr

Status
Not open for further replies.

master

How much sbr do you normaly put in a sratch coat externally per gauge and if u was doing a 6 1 1 top coat would you put it in that?

mix it 4/1 for the scratch. i wouldnt put any in the top coat.................anyway you should be telling us cos your the Master.......................:RpS_thumbup:

just curious i was working with a pal today and he used it in top coat felt nice to use and floated nice

3 litres to the scratch coat and 2 litres to the top coat. No other admixtures.

Supposed to be waterproof but I often get a bit of suction. Nice gear though.

iv never used sbr in render mixes, its dear as fook and many other types of water proofer out there. i worked with a spread on this job once and he was chucking it in the scratch and top..... over painted brickwork that he had also sbr ed lol i was like, where the hell is the suction gunna come from here then?? not to my surprise half of the top coat hit the floor after a few hours of being put on as there was fk all to suck into. top heavy and boom, on the floor lol

Sbr is a fantastic additive when used correctly, there is some info already on this if you do a search, inc modifying renders

Last edited:
just as a product i find it way costly for what it does, i use cementone freeflow.2 cap fulls in each mix and the tub lasts for ever, 3 in one product, waterproofs, re***ds and plasticises and its ace!

just as a product i find it way costly for what it does, i use cementone freeflow.2 cap fulls in each mix and the tub lasts for ever, 3 in one product, waterproofs, re***ds and plasticises and its ace!

And what fantastic adhesive qualities Freeflow has, who needs SBR.

what do you need adhesive qualities for!? long as the background has key or aint painted brick etc then i wont use it, waste of time,money and messy.

iv never used sbr in render mixes, its dear as fook and many other types of water proofer out there. i worked with a spread on this job once and he was chucking it in the scratch and top..... over painted brickwork that he had also sbr ed lol i was like, where the hell is the suction gunna come from here then?? not to my surprise half of the top coat hit the floor after a few hours of being put on as there was fk all to suck into. top heavy and boom, on the floor lol

You can use this stuff to render over paint. But you should mix it to a paste with cement and brush it on to make a cement slurry.
this can the be rendered on.
As far as using as an add mix - no thanks. Makes the mix heavy and sticky. Hard to keep mixer clean and makes the render dry too quick!!
I prefer Free flow or Sika one shot!

only when tacky, or its like tanking no.

im with you anyways, never in mix, i use free flow for years with no problems or come backs.. 1 or 2 shots in EACH mix.... 4.1 scratch.

only when tacky, or its like tanking no.

im with you anyways, never in mix, i use free flow for years with no problems or come backs.. 1 or 2 shots in EACH mix.... 4.1 scratch.

Oh Yes!.
I do two coats. one I let dry and the second I go over when tacky. Any longer and yes It's like going over tanking.
Makes life difficult when on a large area!!!! :RpS_cursing:

SBR is expensive but so is coming back when it goes boxy, 2 litres is ok for scratching, its a bugger to render on after but maybe you should do 1 scratch in sbr and another without sbr then top coat ?

each to their own, i dont and have never really used it, not needed imo. iv used it a fair bit on prep for backgrounds, but not in the mix.

:RpS_thumbup:last time i used sbr on smooth brick. it was brushed
on like a slurry paste by labourers. and while tacky.
just turning dark blue. i would apply the scratch
coat a usual 4-1mix with waterproofer.
messy old stuff. still got old jackets with sbr on.
thats why got labourer to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.