Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 18 Inches

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 20 Inches

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't use a drill to mix your plaster then, cos we never had them either when you started?:)
Course I do .. however Im a proper plasterer and dont look for easier ways all the time, 3 different trowels to skim... wtf... learn to use an 11inch first..lol... fukin plastic trowels.. bollox..

Lay on with 14"trowel then,speedskim , eze spat,10"sponge then plazzie,.....sorted...easy peasy ....:RpS_thumbup:

I actually put the scrim on with an 11inch, 1st coat with a 13... second coat with a 14... flatten off with an 18... obviously speedskim eac coat... then trowel up with a spong and plastic float, then give it a polish with a 20 inch.... my back is fuked nowadays tho... carrying all my skimming gear around..lol

is that just on plasterboard or do you use same technique when skimming woodchip? :RpS_confused:

I actually put the scrim on with an 11inch, 1st coat with a 13... second coat with a 14... flatten off with an 18... obviously speedskim eac coat... then trowel up with a spong and plastic float, then give it a polish with a 20 inch.... my back is fuked nowadays tho... carrying all my skimming gear around..lol
haha Edward trowelhands

I do my best pal. to me its all well and good using big trowels but the standard hand boards (hawks) whichever your preference lol arnt big enough?? just my opinion of course and no doubt for some it will be all wrong :)

Its all ive ever used for skimming had one give me when i was 17 off an old plasterer ( best plasterer ive ever known
what ya like a thin coat system mate your not far from me might need a lift on a job soon in bramhall if your interested mate

what ya like a thin coat system mate your not far from me might need a lift on a job soon in bramhall if your interested mate

Ya mate used a few systems let me know closer to the time and we'll see how busy i am. i teach part time at wigan college so my actual practical working time gets booked up quick. cheers

These are the trowels i use most days as all my work is private so have to get into all sorts of nooks and crannies shapes and sizes!

These are the trowels i use most days as all my work is private so have to get into all sorts of nooks and crannies shapes and sizes!

You must have tiny hands for those things

Sent by Arti sat on the couch with his ballbag out waiting for Downton abbey.....................

My favourite skimming trowel is an old carbon steel 11in MT which is now prob only 10in x 3in :RpS_thumbup: but i also get on well with the 14in stainless just depends on what background i am finishing.
:RpS_thumbup: its how you use it that counts not the size of it.
ive got a 7" and a fast ass

Hi guys and gals, (wishful thinking) Just a quick note to say hello really. Name is Paul and beavering away in he midlands area. Interesting day today. Priced a job last week to skim ceiling and chimney breast. Arrived this morning to find the key where it should be and a note to " The Plasterer" Help yourself to Tea/ coffee and please be careful with the new carpet? you got it brand new burgundy red carpet down. I left a note and went home.!!
lol welcome to my world! just get on with it .ive had to skim ceilings after they have just put new wallpaper up and new carpet down.

Course I do .. however Im a proper plasterer and dont look for easier ways all the time, 3 different trowels to skim... wtf... learn to use an 11inch first..lol... fukin plastic trowels.. bollox..
lol dont you use a dewalt mixing drill for multi finish and a makita drill for board finish! like the pro's do pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.