Help Spraying rendaid

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what did my head in. I got the gear close before putting the pipe on then fir some reason it's just started spraying water. Reduced the water then it's sprayed, went toothpaste, sprayed, went toothpaste. Only made small adjustments like Les told us. The pressure on the gauge was going 2 high then too low. Ran out of gear so I just cried and let the boy tidy up.....lol

Spoke to Les and as Rigsby told me it was bridging that was causing the spray, toothpaste, spray toothpaste scenario.
The wetter the better with T'Rendaid from noo on marra's........................(y)

That's right Bobby , seems to me that although you have identical machines they do vary on the water settings a bit

Sprayed so mono today for another practice, it went better but the mixer kept stopping and when I disconnected the air pipe it would start back up again..... Me heed is proper dun in marra's

You having fun bud! Will all come good in the end I'm sure bud..

Remember the airline acts as a remote and if you disconnect it machine end while in the mix position it will fire up again.... (I think :-/)

Hopefully someone can help..

@Jrend @Rigsby @UKPlasteringmachines @PFTwales

Blocked air pipe in the gun? Happens often with me.

My head gets done in as well. If that Ritmo was human there are times I would want to give it a good kicking. But on days it performs well I think good for PFT!

Last edited:
Blocked air pipe in the gun? Happens often with me.

My head gets done in as well. If that Ritmo was human there are times I would want to give it a good kicking. But on days it performs well I think good for PFT!
It sprays then air stops and starts.It's like its intermittent and the air doesn't blow all the time :'(

The ritmos are temperamental you need to get the set up down to a tee and in my experience the wetter the better I didn't like using the gear as wet as I was showed on the training so I'd drop the water a little and I used to get a lot of blockages in the air Line my advice would be don't stray from what you've been taught by pft and practice the set up a few times before you go out on a job again as it's a lot of pressure when everyone is stood watching you on site and that can lead to mistakes. As others have said once you master it you'll be flying. Good luck with it pal.

I recently had a problem like this where a particular gun stopped the motor but it looked clean.

I took it out to PFT northern and he found a speck of grit what the 3 of us could not see. It was suggested I went to spec savers.

Even thuogh we blew air up and it came out of the gun but this grit was enough to lower the pressure enough to stop the motor. Try blasting water through your air line and gun as high a pressure as possible.

Last edited:
Defoe a blockage Arti,that air nozzle at the gun end needs to be spotless and check the filter in the compressor as that can foul up. Don't give up you will know the machine better than it knows itself in a month or two..
The two main problems are water delivery(mains supply) and that bloody nozzle.

That grit I mentioned was in the plastic pipe. The steel pipe in the gun was spotless. This was a gun what was the last to get cleaned on a breakdown and the air pipe was solid.

After lots of poking with the file it got cleaned but this grit would have been pushed down the pipe by the file.

U need to make sure you air hose is clean and set correctly in the gun before you start. Then decide what speed u want the machine to spray the gear your using. Prime you rotor and put about an inch of water in the pot. If u have no idea on water atall then it'll be a bit of an experiment. Write down after each spray what ur settings were. I always spray speed 9 wether rendaid or mono or hardwall. Few materials are much over 300 water on that speed. Put ur material in and start the machine pumping into a bucket. Adjust ur water to the right consistency and then let it keep coming through to make sure it's correct. Attach ur hoses and u should be good. Your only bridging if ur getting the mixing chamber wet before spraying or having too much water in on startup and just dumping a bag in. Remember there will be water In your pipes when u primed them so water will come out first. If ur gear comes out horrible then it might be easier for you to stop and disconnect ur hose and adjust from the machine. Ul save gear it'll be instant change if your not too hot on adjusting. Also I do adjust the consistency with the speed once I'm spraying. I find it a bit easier personally. But remember. Write down your settings!

U need to make sure you air hose is clean and set correctly in the gun before you start. Then decide what speed u want the machine to spray the gear your using. Prime you rotor and put about an inch of water in the pot. If u have no idea on water atall then it'll be a bit of an experiment. Write down after each spray what ur settings were. I always spray speed 9 wether rendaid or mono or hardwall. Few materials are much over 300 water on that speed. Put ur material in and start the machine pumping into a bucket. Adjust ur water to the right consistency and then let it keep coming through to make sure it's correct. Attach ur hoses and u should be good. Your only bridging if ur getting the mixing chamber wet before spraying or having too much water in on startup and just dumping a bag in. Remember there will be water In your pipes when u primed them so water will come out first. If ur gear comes out horrible then it might be easier for you to stop and disconnect ur hose and adjust from the machine. Ul save gear it'll be instant change if your not too hot on adjusting. Also I do adjust the consistency with the speed once I'm spraying. I find it a bit easier personally. But remember. Write down your settings!
i managed to get what i think is the correct consistency in my test bucket, then when i prime the hose and connect everything up the spraying is inconsistent, so i only make small adjustments to the water and keep the speed the same on 9. al give Les another bell on Monday for a bollocking.....................:cry:

So even with the air pipe disconnected the compressors running intermittently?
Could be a dodgy connection if that's the case.

When you use say Weber. Pral m in Chalk write down the speed and water. But don't presume all Weber colours spray at the same water and speed settings, they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.