Hello,simple but effective!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justamo

Hello all.
Start of by saying what a top notch site you have here.
Last January feeling very disappointed with my own efforts,on trying to Skim my bathroom, i decided it was time
i went on a (drum roll) ;D plastering course. So this i did May last year after scraping some money together.
Passed the week course, and off i totted,as luck would have it a friend of a friend of a....and so on....decided
he would be prepared to give me some work.
It went something like-: Hello you want a "bit" of plastering due you?

Popped round to take a look,and it was a 3 bedroom terraced house,being converted in to two flats.
I shat myself,but kept my confidence,after all if it all go`s wrong,il`l tear it off the walls.
So my first job was your average sized ceiling (living room).
Torn down and on to studding simple....
Mixed up,good. Put it on, spread it about, good, finish it,finish it, finish it :eek:.
I worked hard like a dog but couldnt get the finish i was after (glass).
Got it in the end,went over it again,and done what i should of done in the 1st place,finished when it was wet.

Since that 1st celing, ive done more plastering and the job has become easyer for me,i learnt very quickly.
Old boy (40 years a builder) on the site that day said "If your plastering is hard work then your doing something
wrong".( As he watched me dragg a trowel across a ceiling with agonising grunts)
I remember those words as a noob every time i set up now.
So thats a bit about me,im on a last day of a holiday day at the moment..yeah plastering,so im off to do the hall way and landing.

good on yer mate, wise words from yer old bloke there too..
its still hard graft when your doin it for a living tho mate ;D

Yeah begsegs, I skimmed the main wall of my landing & hall Friday now i feel as usefull as a swimmer in treacle,
if i was doing this for a living id be on a one day week at the moment (6 days recovery) ;)
by the way im from Northamptonshire. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.