Hello from newbie lime plasterer

Members online

woodspiral

Any pointers for working with lime appreciated.

I've got lot's of plastering to do. Never done it before. Looking forward to learning.

Cheers
Woody

Hi
If someone posts @Casper please ignore it.
He doesn't have any experience in lime work.
The bright side is there are a few on here who do have the experience, hit up the search function.
Good luck.

Hi
If someone posts @Casper please ignore it.
He doesn't have any experience in lime work.
The bright side is there are a few on here who do have the experience, hit up the search function.
Good luck.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Thanks for the responses guys, seems I'm doomed :) according to @themucky1 !

Luckily my neighbour is an old hand with lime and he's going to teach me. I came across this guy on YouTube he does do a bit of lime but it's mainly pink plaster. There's a bunch of other videos on there with lime but none I've found from one source which seem to be as "start to finish" and everyone has their own theories and methods which can be confusing for a beginner like me.

We got the first coat done on a wall at the weekend, using a lime and sand mix as the underlying brickwork was really shonky

Mortar Coat.jpg

Next will be a coat of Warmcoat from Best of Lime then their final coat.

Thanks for the responses guys, seems I'm doomed :) according to @themucky1 !

Luckily my neighbour is an old hand with lime and he's going to teach me. I came across this guy on YouTube he does do a bit of lime but it's mainly pink plaster. There's a bunch of other videos on there with lime but none I've found from one source which seem to be as "start to finish" and everyone has their own theories and methods which can be confusing for a beginner like me.

We got the first coat done on a wall at the weekend, using a lime and sand mix as the underlying brickwork was really shonky

View attachment 77567
Next will be a coat of Warmcoat from Best of Lime then their final coat.

ginja goateed ego tosser