Hello from Ibiza, Spain

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
monocapa is very popular or smooth render top half & bottom (Chino) roughcast and like you say sand gets sieved

Yeah I use a lot of monocapa. They dont really go for smooth top and roughcast bottom on the island. It's mostly one thing or another. Rendering here usually has a few trowel marks deliberately left in it.

Where abouts in Spain were you?

Last edited:
Must be different for different areas, the Sand we used to get was

1) brown ( kinda mixture of sharp sand n dirt) lol

2) white lorca ( no dirt ) , no soft sand there at all
What are you trying achieve with the sand Steve? if its a finish render it is difficult but can be done.

Yeah I use a lot of monocapa. They dont really go for smooth top and roughcast bottom on the island. It's mostly one thing or another. Rendering here usually has a few trowel marks deliberately left in it.

I fuking hate monocap every bodger who arrives in Spain can chuck it on the wall,sponge it up and take the money
and they realy think they have done a good job the times ive seen it used internely by wankers who cant plaster but can chuck that **** on the wall and the beardos still pay them, in all fairness i have used it on some outsides but i rule snd spat it to get it flat before i sponge it but it isa cheap finish and proneto cracking

I fuking hate monocap every bodger who arrives in Spain can chuck it on the wall,sponge it up and take the money
and they realy think they have done a good job the times ive seen it used internely by wankers who cant plaster but can chuck that **** on the wall and the beardos still pay them, in all fairness i have used it on some outsides but i rule snd spat it to get it flat before i sponge it but it isa cheap finish and proneto cracking

Monocapa is the same as monocouche lol you're thinking of mortero seco fino but i do agree with you on that

Do you mean monocap as in monocouche as its called in the UK. scraped finish or do you mean capa fina the white **** that you sponge up.

Yeah got confused with my capas Lol, your last post wasnt up when i posted mine Kev.

Do you mean monocap as in monocouche as its called in the UK. scraped finish or do you mean capa fina the white **** that you sponge up.
Oops! Sorry, mates. Yeah I meant capa fina. I shouldn't have been posting on here past my bedtime last night. I have never used monocapa the whole time Ive been down here so I don't know why I keep thinking of the word. I like the Morcem Capa Fina. Ive been using it this week. The first time I saw capa fina down here it was being used by some English plasterers for rendering a load of walls I had built for another builder down here. They were using the stuff from BigMat. It seemed like total crap and would get damaged too easily. Ive always avoided that stuff.

You're not from Kent originally are you BB? :RpS_unsure:
No, mate. Is there a inside joke about somebody from Kent?
I was born in South Ruislip but we moved around a lot when I was young. Mostly lived in Middx, Oxon and Bucks. The last place I lived in England, was Aylesbury, Bucks. I was there about 25 years I think? I had really had enough of Aylesbury and I was sick to death with driving to sites in Milton Keynes every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.