Hello Everyone

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPPY

Just joined up today , been speading for the best part of 25 years and my joints are still intact , hoping to learn some stuff on here as im always open to new methods and ideas and hope to share my knowledge with others.

so heres to the future :)

Hey Slippy, me and you are the new boys, 55 years between us reckon we could teach a few tricks. Remember Sirapite b? I go back all the way to Keenes cement!

Many thanks for the warm welcome , hey ron i cant remember sirapite or keenes cement for that matter or maybe im beginning to have senior moments of lapsed memory :mad:

F*****g 'ell I'm old. Sirapite b was a trick question when you phoned for trade work in the nineties, poeple would say we are fnishing with sirapite and if you said ok they would put the phone down. The answer should have been, god I aint used that for years. If I remember rightly it was replaced by multi finish in I think 86 or 87 and thank the lord for that, it was designed for setting sand and cement and a nightmare to finish with.

I Think it finished better with a bit of green suction from the sand & cement , mind you multi can be hit or miss had a few terrible bags just lately

i thought it was just me, i seem to be checking the dates on bags a lot more these days.

We used to second coat the sirapite with board finish, it troweled up nice then, once I set some pink sirapite with a grey board finish and it looked like a type of marble.

i remember sirapite i used to like it on green suction you could put miles of it on in one hit

could you use sirapite on board?......a lad i work with told him and another lad used to get all the board on in a house in one set ??........or was he trying to chat me up?

Where are you in N.I slippy? I was in Clones recently. Had a right good time. I did a gig there with Seamus Heaney and Edna O Brien.

I will resist the temptation to sing about 'luvverly time' Hows things over there? the boys in Clones were finding it a bit tight.

09 is gonna be an interesting year wot with the crunch bunch and the belt tightening :eek: :eek: :eek: but heres hoping ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.