1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Hate tiling

Discussion in 'Tiling Discussions' started by Tinytom, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

Anyone else agree to tiling then remember how shite it is when you start? Look at this iv got to get over.
    She wants it over tiling, dot and dab not an option as the room is so small so I’m stuck trying to make the best of a bad job
    I’ll post pics when done

Attached Files:

2. gps

gps Private Member

The other tiler got it over it with no issues lol

3. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

It’s got diy job written all over it this 1

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. gps

gps Private Member

Is that before or after pmsl

• Like Like x 1
  5. choppa

choppa Active Member

Smash the tiles off and get a plasterer in.

6. Stevieo

Stevieo Active Member

Or get a para to do it.

What could possibly go wrong?

7. raggles

raggles Private Member

If it was easy none of us would have jobs! So shake it off and step up !

As some old annoying Fokker used to say to me years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stevieo

Stevieo Active Member

I have to remind myself of that in my other work. I bang my head against the wall on a daily basis. Same problem, different people.

Every fcuking day.

So occasionally, I do have to give my head a wobble and remind myself that it's what I do for a living. The difference between me and an amateur or someone who's fallen by the wayside is that I can resolve these problems and they can't.

There's no such thing as free money.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

I am a plasterer, that’s why I wonder why I agree to jobs like these lol.
    It’s all tiled now grout up tomorrow, I’ll post a few pics managed to get over the majority, I had to run a vertical joint over the door though it was over 2 inches out

10. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

Maybe both who knows

11. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

If all else fails I’m off to join the foreign legion. Came out the army in 2009 and I miss it more each year

12. Stevieo

Stevieo Active Member

As they say, buddy... You'll never be a civilian again. Ex squaddie it is.

I miss it too.

But if your customer complains, then just tell them that you were an NCO in the Parachute Regiment and show them the wings that you no doubt have tattooed on your arm, and they'll be so amazed that they'll pay up anyway.

I once heard a furious man complaining at McDonalds.... 'I AM A SENIOR NCO IN THE PARACHUTE REGIMENT', shouted the man, waving his scoff box at the donk behind the counter. 'HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!'

I don't know if he got his dispute resolved or not. I'd died laughing by then.

13. JessThePlasterer

JessThePlasterer Well-Known Member

I went to a family day years ago at st Athens and there were some white haired old boys there. They had me feeling there flexing pectorals ( which were pretty impressive for 80 years old) then they all got s**t faced, broke into the gym and had a boxing match between themselves I heard after :LOL:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

never done any tiling.... always paid a failed plast.... I mean tiler to do mine :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

Lol sounds about right, the customer won’t complain she was well aware of the difficulties of this job she’s been in this afternoon and she’s chuffed with it, it’ll look totally different grouted up tomorrow.

16. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

I was based at st athan, take it you mean South Wales? We got banned from the local village called langtwit major or something like that because someone punched a pregnant woman lol

17. JessThePlasterer

Yeah South Wales. That doesn't surprise me, bunch of nutters the paras!

18. Stevieo

Stevieo Active Member

And you don't even know what goes on at 3 Para Mortars.

19. JessThePlasterer

Aren't they the ones who appreciate a bar of soap in the shower?

20. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

In my first week someone brought a transvestite back from Cardiff and taped him to a chair then the whole platoon had a go

21. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

I’m surprised his clothes and wig and such would fit everyone in a platoon! Who knew?