Hardwall ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at a float and set job today onto red brick. The customer has brought all the hardwall etc I have no problem doing the job but the customer has gone made with pva neat over the whole lot?! Told him it didn't need it. Will this cause a problem with the hardwall?

hardwall and pva don't mix ,be better with bonding if pva as been applied, hardwall will forever slump until it sets

I had a job viewing once and they had pva'd the board work..

To be fair John I come across this quite a lot with joe public thinking there doing whats best... though equally if boards have been up a while will also give em a quick pva if look discoloured and dusty!

To be fair John I come across this quite a lot with joe public thinking there doing whats best... though equally if boards have been up a while will also give em a quick pva if look discoloured and dusty!
Oh ,I get that,this was brand new, ps didn't get it,too dear

Must just be me ,i pva before Hardwall :RpS_crying: only been doing it since it came out :RpS_thumbsup: think it,s to late to change :RpS_unsure:

Thought so! I did think bonding. Or might just dab it out now.

deffo mate!!!:RpS_thumbup:

I like a good strong mix of pva myself but wouldn't like to have gone stronger than 50/50 and left to dry persoanaly...defo board or bonding bud!!!

Must just be me ,i pva before Hardwall :RpS_crying: only been doing it since it came out :RpS_thumbsup: think it,s to late to change :RpS_unsure:

yeah maybe a weak mix keith on a mega porous background aposed to a soak of water...though I was reading as in red smooth engineering bricks???

Just test the suction - if water gone thru, then should be ok to hardwall. I use very weak PVA over red bricks then hardwall as rule off nicely. I use two coats then float it off when it sets , skim
explain your reasons for this advise please ?

the pva being neat may be a problem,,, give a tight coat of bonding, scratch then go over with the hardwall

Sorry not be with you ?

To be fair to Ryan I get what he means...

ie....test bricks with water if there absorbing the water on impact could apply a weak pva then Hardwall or if sitting on the face Hardwall alone or Bonding with pva applied before!

explain why you pva red bricks before hardwall , what's your reasons for this ,you know the answer you gave the advise

hardwall works better without pva and needs suction ,too dry needs a soak with water bonding doesn't require suction to stick

Bonding on old brick can cause damp ,but haho ,ive been pvaing for years so don,t listen to me ,think i,ll go back in the rendering section :RpS_blushing:

Bonding on old brick can cause damp ,but haho ,ive been pvaing for years so don,t listen to me ,think i,ll go back in the rendering section :RpS_blushing:

I know feck all about rendering keith but not sure if hes arguing with me or ryan so il jump int taxi with you bud!!!:RpS_blushing:

yeah maybe a weak mix keith on a mega porous background aposed to a soak of water...though I was reading as in red smooth engineering bricks

Might be soft red bricks

I would use a very weak mix of p.v.a on the red porous brick just to reduce the suction a bit
But if it has been sealed completely by the p.v.a. then go for bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.