Ghosting/damp

Leon648

hi all, would you be able to help me out, I'm looking at a house built in the last couple of years and noticed some "ghosting", where you can see the outline of the blocks under the rendering? It's very pronounced on a house in the same row so I've taken a photo of that too, but the house I'm looking at seems to have it coming under two upstairs windows. There's also some white which I'm concerned may be rising damp? If anyone can give me an opinion I'd be v grateful. Does the ghosting indicate a moisture issue? Many thanks
IMG_2577.JPG
IMG_2579.JPG
IMG_2581.JPG
IMG_2582.JPG

You need the church and holly water tbh. We deal with rising damp, but ghosting is for the believers.

The render in the abutment pic is too thin and I suspect a fault with the guttering.

Those sills have water running off the ends. That can be sorted and install drips underside with an angle grinder.

The stone is salts. Live with it.

The render in the abutment pic is too thin and I suspect a fault with the guttering.

Those sills have water running off the ends. That can be sorted and install drips underside with an angle grinder.

The stone is salts. Live with it.
Thanks, it rains all the time here, building is approx 2 years old, any ideas on how far the water running off the sills will have penetrated? The rendering is supposedly 20mm k rend, according to architect plans

K Rend is quite weather proof so it could be staining. You will get that with water run off. The block joints showing through is a sign of too thin a render. More like 10mm than 20mm.

You could consider chemical clean and treat with K Rends sealer. That will sort it for a few years and sort your sill out at the same time.

K Rend is quite weather proof so it could be staining. You will get that with water run off. The block joints showing through is a sign of too thin a render. More like 10mm than 20mm.

You could consider chemical clean and treat with K Rends sealer. That will sort it for a few years and sort your sill out at the same time.
So do you reckon it's showing the joints because it's thin in that patch, or it's showing because it's wet and it's wet because it's thin? It only seems to show in those two places so I guess it's a bit of a coincidence if it's thin rendering only where the water run off is..... Sorry, trying to get my head around it!

Thin where the joints show, water staining where the sill is.

On the sill build up the ends to direct water forward rather than off the ends. Install a drip with an angle grinder.

K rend seal should sort the too thin area.

Thin where the joints show, water staining where the sill is.

On the sill build up the ends to direct water forward rather than off the ends. Install a drip with an angle grinder.

K rend seal should sort the too thin area.
Thank you, can I ask one more - it doesn't show well on the photo but to the left of the right sill it's beginning to show the joints as the one with the dodgy guttering, is it likely to be a thin patch of render?