General advice b4 PVA the walls

Tartdog

Hi have just had large areas plastered, am very very pleased with the result, there are a couple of tiny small bits that need a bit of poly filla filling, do I do this b4 I glue/seal the areas, of after prior to painting? Thanks.

Hi have just had large areas plastered, am very very pleased with the result, there are a couple of tiny small bits that need a bit of poly filla filling, do I do this b4 I glue/seal the areas, of after prior to painting? Thanks.

What do you mean by glue? Old timer decorators sometimes pva’d before painting but not now. If any dinks obvious then fill them before painting. Mist coat/bump coat will show up anything you missed.

Hi they pva'd everything first, then plastered, they said that when it's dry to PVA a solution of (I think) 8 to 1 then paint. I just wondered at wat stage do I fill in any tiny dinks?

Maybe.

What do you mean by glue? Old timer decorators sometimes pva’d before painting but not now. If any dinks obvious then fill them before painting. Mist coat/bump coat will show up anything you missed.
Old timer decorators NEVER used to PVA fresh plaster before painting, know nothing chancers might have?

Hi they pva'd everything first, then plastered, they said that when it's dry to PVA a solution of (I think) 8 to 1 then paint. I just wondered at wat stage do I fill in any tiny dinks?

You don’t pva before painting. You use a watered down coat of paint known as a mist coat or ‘bump coat’. This will help show up any discrepancies. If they are obvious, then fill and sand before the mist coat. Make sure you wipe the dust off before your first coat of paint. If anything shows up after your first coat, then fill, sand, wipe, paint.

You don’t pva before painting. You use a watered down coat of paint known as a mist coat or ‘bump coat’. This will help show up any discrepancies. If they are obvious, then fill and sand before the mist coat. Make sure you wipe the dust off before your first coat of paint. If anything shows up after your first coat, then fill, sand, wipe, paint.
www.CHD.com/legal/cease-and-desist/essexandy