experts help needed

peter osman

Hi all help needed please I know it says no way can we plaster over wall paper but we have bought a house to do up and in kitchen it looks like from many years ago they Av put wood chip straight on to plaster board has we are removing it in places we have gone down to and through the paper on plaster board if it's smooth and cover in pva can we skim over top of that.? Many thanks Pete osman

Hi all help needed please I know it says no way can we plaster over wall paper but we have bought a house to do up and in kitchen it looks like from many years ago they Av put wood chip straight on to plaster board has we are removing it in places we have gone down to and through the paper on plaster board if it's smooth and cover in pva can we skim over top of that.? Many thanks Pete osman
Ermmm No, the pros use these and a good steamer , get it off ,by hook or by crook or better still get a decorator in they are brill at stripping walls
IMG_1926.JPG

Dif zissner stripping solution and a paper tiger should shift it. Personally, I wouldn't risk skimming over wallpaper.

I've came across really old thick almost like laminated paper fused on to walls. That s**t does not budge believe me.

Skim it.

i would dot and dab plasterboard over the walls. you would then have a decent background to skim.

Why not just take the plasterboards off and reboard assuming it isn't to much sheet of board ain't that much