Equilivent to 120mm eps

Members online

No members online now.

Jim85

Hi guys

Iv been given a few ewi jobs to do the company who has sold the jobs have specified they'll use 120mm eps insulation. Is there any other kinds of insulation I can use that will give me the same thermal efficiency.

Iv heard about kingspan k5 and I think 50mm will do the job but is there any other types or grades of eps that has better performance then the standard eps?

I'm trying to get the size of insulation down to try and avoid using them horrible lookin trims around everything.

Thanks [emoji106]

Is it white eps or grey eps? There's a huge difference in their u values. Stay away from phenolic as it fails and mineral wool is out the question to as mineral needs to be thicker to achieve the same u value as very eps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graphite 90mm give you a suitable u value. and has been used as standard on many council works. ask the question why 120mm. in my opinion its bit of overkill

Hi Jim,
The 120mm could be specified to reach a certain u value target on a particular construction.
Building regs say that the target should be .3 it's a different target in Scotland and some housing associations request .28 or lower even.
To achieve this target the type of fixing and how many you use also has to be considered.

To achieve a 'u'value of 0.30 ish 90mm grey eps achieves that, 120mm grey is 0.25. as said avoid wool or phenolic.

Hello
Why does phenolic fail. I've just had it specified on a job by the architect. I've only used eps ,now I'm worried!