Double Disaster

PlanB

What a week. Working until 7-8pm, darting from one job to another spinning plates & generally bullshitting my way through.
Doing a bathroom yesterday that just turned into a ba5tard, and at 6pm I was loading the van and thought I need a Sunday off. Rang the guy who's rendering I was due to finish off today to cancel & he went off on one ... so I gave in and said "see you in the morning"!

Stopped at Wickes and picked up 15 bags of plastering sand (mud with stones) and made some space to get it all in.
Got home at 7.30 to find half a tub of Betokontakt had spewed over everything! :(
Now let me tell you despite the nice smell that stuff makes a mess and it took me until 9.45pm to clean it up.
Anyhow, this broken hero made the hour drive to the Cotswolds this morning and got the top coat on this garage.
All seemed fine to start with, but by 2pm I thought "this ain't going off" and by the time it got dark I could still spread most of it.
I flattened it the best I could with a trowel, ran a brush around all the edges and turned my back on it for the next 14 hours.

Been there before and think it will be ok in the morning (5c with a light breeze) but a sleepless night is guaranteed and a lost morning not what I need.

Just phoned tomorrows job to explain the situation and guess what .... she went off on one! :muyenojado:

What really boils my piss is when a customer doesn't accept a larger than expected job as an excuse ... but then asks you to put coving up, or whatever extra when you do get there.

What really boils my piss is when a customer doesn't accept a larger than expected job as an excuse ... but then asks you to put coving up, or whatever extra when you do get there.
You can only do so much,too much stress is a killer.

Away but it's like working break mate , it's promotional work for new company I involved with, been a bit stressful TBH , nonstop days
I thought you gone to Jamaica, I was like lucky so and so, anyway if they need a beer assistant you know where to find me :birra:

What a week. Working until 7-8pm, darting from one job to another spinning plates & generally bullshitting my way through.
Doing a bathroom yesterday that just turned into a ba5tard, and at 6pm I was loading the van and thought I need a Sunday off. Rang the guy who's rendering I was due to finish off today to cancel & he went off on one ... so I gave in and said "see you in the morning"!

Stopped at Wickes and picked up 15 bags of plastering sand (mud with stones) and made some space to get it all in.
Got home at 7.30 to find half a tub of Betokontakt had spewed over everything! :(
Now let me tell you despite the nice smell that stuff makes a mess and it took me until 9.45pm to clean it up.
Anyhow, this broken hero made the hour drive to the Cotswolds this morning and got the top coat on this garage.
All seemed fine to start with, but by 2pm I thought "this ain't going off" and by the time it got dark I could still spread most of it.
I flattened it the best I could with a trowel, ran a brush around all the edges and turned my back on it for the next 14 hours.

Been there before and think it will be ok in the morning (5c with a light breeze) but a sleepless night is guaranteed and a lost morning not what I need.

Just phoned tomorrows job to explain the situation and guess what .... she went off on one! :muyenojado:

So with you. Been there. We all have. Had headlights on render 11pm once, f**k*d the van with too much weight, pulled over by police on way home, sarcastic cop checking the van over. t**t. Underpriced the job. Awful. I work in the costwolds a lot too.

So with you. Been there. We all have. Had headlights on render 11pm once, f**k*d the van with too much weight, pulled over by police on way home, sarcastic cop checking the van over. t**t. Underpriced the job. Awful. I work in the costwolds a lot too.
We've all been there.I wonder do they tell the guys doing the Clark Kent courses these stories.

How did it look in the end?

How did it look in the end?

As I left the house at 6 this morning I picked up the golf ball size sample of muck I placed on my garden wall the night before and had to squeeze it hard before it imploded to dust .... Hmmmm?

I was in Beckford before daylight and despite that light grey skin on the render, a quick scrub with 2 fingers soon removed this layer to reveal a darker & workable proposition.

Using a fine spray gun and small float going was hard work and slow going, but results were excellent.
At 9.45am I was all done and paid up & off to finish off some rough cast 15 miles down the road.

Last night I felt lower than a Rattlesnake in a wagon rut ... today I pulled it back and felt great out in the sunshine.

That's why I love my job, the rollercoaster ride of uppers and downers keeps me sane, motivated and alive!

As I left the house at 6 this morning I picked up the golf ball size sample of muck I placed on my garden wall the night before and had to squeeze it hard before it imploded to dust .... Hmmmm?

I was in Beckford before daylight and despite that light grey skin on the render, a quick scrub with 2 fingers soon removed this layer to reveal a darker & workable proposition.

Using a fine spray gun and small float going was hard work and slow going, but results were excellent.
At 9.45am I was all done and paid up & off to finish off some rough cast 15 miles down the road.

Last night I felt lower than a Rattlesnake in a wagon rut ... today I pulled it back and felt great out in the sunshine.

That's why I love my job, the rollercoaster ride of uppers and downers keeps me sane, motivated and alive!

Excellent :D