Do I use plaster?

Hammondish

I have just filled in an internal door and am at the stage of plastering over the board. All the videos I have seen use something called mud which is grey and they build it up in layers. I have bought a bag of multi purpose plaster but I am not sure if this is what I should be using. I have used fibreglass tape over all the joints etc. Any help would be appreciated

I have just filled in an internal door and am at the stage of plastering over the board. All the videos I have seen use something called mud which is grey and they build it up in layers. I have bought a bag of multi purpose plaster but I am not sure if this is what I should be using. I have used fibreglass tape over all the joints etc. Any help would be appreciated
The Yanks call taping compound mud and plaster too depending on who's talking . Have you been watching Kirk Giordano video's mate ?

The Yanks call taping compound mud and plaster too depending on who's talking . Have you been watching Kirk Giordano video's mate ?
They were all american but the 'mud' was thick and grey not pink like the plaster I have bought. Wondering what the best product to use would be to do the job