DeWalt DAB Radio ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanB

... the compact jobbie where the battery slides on the outside!

Bought it nearly a year ago at a good price, but only started using it this year.
Was a bit underwhelmed from the off by the crap reception (I have a few DAB's including the van & all are excellent) but worse was to come.

When I tried plugging LED work lights into the same extension lead as the radio, the radio would just switch off.
I would either have to find another power source or slip an XR battery on.
Saturday I noticed that despite running the radio off a battery, the second I plugged in the LED work lights the radio switched off?
I could only remedy this by moving the radio well away from the lights.

Today I have noticed that I can't switch the radio off anymore?
If I hit the off switch it just turns the volume to really quiet, but carries on playing until the battery is flat.

I believe the electronics in the lighting has messed up the electronics in the radio?

There must be loads of guys on here using late DeWalt DAB's and LED lighting & just wondered if anyone had similar issues?

The rechargable leds kill the Makita dab from about 5ft.

Thats weird, a mate was helping us out on an overboarding job sat and he has a couple of month old makita DAB, couldn't get a signal for shite on it so we took this piss and turned our older FM one on....we had a rechargeable LED next to it. Why do they kill the signal i wonder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's what skim beads are for ...stick one upright over the antenna...hey presto.......the best radio we had was a car stereo slotted in a wooden box with two speakers either side of the box connected to a car battery ......no interference.....no arguing at work and no hearing at 4pm.....

Must have been a b*****d moving jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe he meant Mini Countryman or similar:estudioso:
DeWalt DAB Radio ...

Dewalt dab is rubbish, lasted 13 months main board blown not available as a spare part. f**k dewalt

Status
Not open for further replies.