Damn windows

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I am ripping out our new windows and refitting them next week :-\

The wind is blowing water up between the window and the plastic cill... so need to take them out and then spastic the cills on... warranty is not worth the paper it is written on if they go bust.... handy that...

Need to replace all the internal cills as well as they have all blistered and warped...

Fun fun fun

Looks like I am ripping out our new windows and refitting them next week :-The wind is blowing water up between the window and the plastic cill... so need to take them out and then spastic the cills on... warranty is not worth the paper it is written on if they go bust.... handy that...

Need to replace all the internal cills as well as they have all blistered and warped...

Fun fun fun
:eek:

I feel for yer , its shoite here too.:)
image.jpeg

warranty is not worth the paper it is written on if they go bust.... handy that...

Were they FENSA registered and did you get a certificate after installation?

they said they were... and I think they were when we paid the deposit but by the time they fitted them they were not...

Ah, that's no good then.

It also potentially gives you another issue when you sell or try to remortgage as you need building control sign off or self cert from a FENSA installer for the windows.

building regs signed it off for us

Cool, so it's just the small matter of taking them out and refitting them with some decent mastic then. (y)

Perfect time of year for it. o_O
rainywindows.jpg

sometimes the cills just aren't clicked into place,look where the cill meets the window and check if it's parallel. Still need removing to correct mind,a good winodow company will know this. Irriots!

Headache undoing
Windows

we put a bead of silicone to back edge of cill
Then ,fix cill to frame

Yes I am hoping so... Looks like the wind is blowing it back up under...lol south coast winds and rain are brutal

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

southern pussy ---- south coast wind brutal ------------ my arse :inocente: (in a scouse accent ):lol:

Looks like I am ripping out our new windows and refitting them next week :-\

The wind is blowing water up between the window and the plastic cill... so need to take them out and then spastic the cills on... warranty is not worth the paper it is written on if they go bust.... handy that...

Fun fun fun
Amazing that other trades always mess up work at other trades homes

My tiler mate asked me to sort his ceiling and then started moaning that he wanted it skimmed not artex.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.