Cpi compared to ocr weber

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bobby , already bought ocr now but still curious on this , it only needs to be ten mil like and im hand applying , bloody wish a had a machine hopefully soon ish !

Is cpi much more than just sand cement and abit lime ? Obviously maybe a retarder plastisiser etc aswell , i dunno whats in ocr either like just a na it works lol

I understand that just didnt really want to put a extra day on the job if i had to 2 coat in 2 days . Does anybody hand apply cpi and finish in one day ? Cheers ryan for everything and the rest of the gear in anyways !

I understand that just didnt really want to put a extra day on the job if i had to 2 coat in 2 days . Does anybody hand apply cpi and finish in one day ? Cheers ryan for everything and the rest of the gear in anyways !

Its not an extra day to be fair.
Done properly its a week to cure the first coat just as you would with sand and cement. It takes s&c about a week to fully cure and shrink. So any 2 coat sand and cement done properly will be at least a week due to curing between coats.

Its one of the first things they teach u in college on your rendering.

That's where a mineral such as parmurex pays even tho the bag cost are higher.

Yeah i understand that , but im not going to be there for them 5 days but its a extra day on the job compared to ocr .....

It was only because p1ss dont have ocr , but they have cpi and was trying to get everything off them . Just had to get that elsewhere

never had the opportunity to use OCR but would like to try it,would it be a tight coat then straight over again?

Standard for OCR. Buildbase charge more so do ndi(rip off ndi tho). But if you buy a fair amount it should be closer to 5.40 ish plus

Cheers jfe , i new that was pritty much the price like . Minster is more local though and save 40p a bag so would of been a win win lol never mind

I was always taught to render a wall in a two coat system.obviously our has changed that.it still needs to be a decent thickness on external walls to prevent block joints showing.
I have used cpi and would like to see anyone one coat with it.its s**t tbh and cracks alot

Cheers bobby , well it is going to be ten mil and never hand problems before with ocr that way , if it needed to be a tighter coat maite or the like would be the one for me

Got a two coat s&c priced was thinking giving ocr / cpi a go but this building will defo need two coat
So any suggestions on s&c scratch 3/1 then top with ocr or even cpi cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.