corner trowel's

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
probably another post that has been talked about over and over...... but do u use 90 degree Ct or 109 degree Ct for skimming. i currently use 109 degree 1.. are 90 degree 1s better ..... also dont know the name of 1 but it looks like a margin trowel with 2 small edges at 90 dergree... can any inform me what they are used for. cheers

skyzoo u ask anymore questions and you will take my name away from me.. the sponge! socking up all that info! i use the 90 but am interested in them adjustable ones..

Don't bother with an adjustable one Oasis, I bought a Marshaltown one cos a lot of the properties I work in are very old and the internals are never anywhere near 90 degrees.

I used the trowel once, and after about 2 mins I chucked it in the back of the van where it's stayed to this day. It's totally fooking useless!

i bought one as well.... i one's used it to put under the foot of my step ladder as the rubber bit fell off.. then sold it at car boot

spunky said:
90 deg ones are crap mate

stick with the 109 degree trowel is it..... also what is that tool that looks like a margin trowel with 2 90 degree angle on each edge used for.

SkyZOO said:
stick with the 109 degree trowel is it..... also what is that tool that looks like a margin trowel with 2 90 degree angle on each edge used for.

In Essex that tool is known as a twitcher but is called different things around the country.

twitcher / internal corner trowel ......109 all the way...think ive got a mashalltown one...but have had spear and jackson..a blue handled refina one that was good before a plumber trod on it.and a nice venisian one s/s for small hard to get to areas.. ...i use them all the time ...not spliting hits up..........at the right time cant be beat in my book

My old boss used to say the proper name is an 110 degree flexible fixed wing internal angle trowel. WHATEVER!!

SkyZOO said:
probably another post that has been talked about over and over...... but do u use 90 degree Ct or 109 degree Ct for skimming. i currently use 109 degree 1.. are 90 degree 1s better ..... also dont know the name of 1 but it looks like a margin trowel with 2 small edges at 90 dergree... can any inform me what they are used for. cheers

Sounds like a small box trowel for small margins

Status
Not open for further replies.