Corner beads looking wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtsb

Hi, First of all, I'm just a diyer, so can someone give me any idea why after I've skimmed a wall with a window in it, the plaster over the skim beads around the recess still look wet. You can still see the shape of the beads in the plaster even though the rest of the wall have completely dried out. The wall was plastered a few months ago but hasn't been painted yet. The plaster was multifinish over plasterboard.

Should have dried it by now mate to be honest even if it was a bit thicker on yer beads? Were your reveals plasterboard too? Welcome to the forum by the way

It's probably just the beads staining through the plaster, it happens, just paint it & it'll disappear (maybe a stain block first)
:RpS_thumbup:

Yep I agree with nisus mate,give it a coat of oil based undercoat then emulsion over the top as normal when that's dry.

Thanks for the quick replies. Plasterboard was put in the reveals as well. Is staining a common problem or does it depend on the quality of the angle beads, if there is a difference. I will try painting it after putting a stain block on first.

Just paint it normally.

Discolouration around beads is quite common, dunno why it happens.

Some research suggests that it might be to do with an uninvited witch in the homestead.

Don't go drowning the wife but i would suggest that you be very suspicious, maybe check her for webbing between the toes.

Could be a a combination of things , residual moisture, penetrating damp, condensation etc use oil bard as suggested but if problem persists get some proper advice

Come on, have you never seen this before? Its very common, no need for experts... wherever they might be.

Lets narrow it down lol. 1st item is residual moisture....nope 2nd item to be considered is penetrating damp lol....highly suspect, might need to call Columbo on this one.

3rd and not to be ignored is condensation. ooooh could it be that. naaaaaaahhhhhhhhh or every room ever skimmed would have the same problem.

I blame it on the witches, drown em all. :RpS_thumbsup:

Ps. dont ask me coz I don't have any idea why it happens.

Peace love and genitalia fondling.

Well the op described it as wet, not discoloured! So im taking it on what he said! As norm, not seen it first hand, stain block good advice, but have seen stain block done, and the yellow stain appear again 6 inches away from where it was applied? But at the end of the day the op got good advice re the prob. If it does the job, great! If not he'll be back on askin again! So all good. But if he wears a frock when doin the biz then hes on the right track surley dm?:RpS_thumbsup:

Which case is that? The one that discredits me or the one that backs up your wild guesses?

Which ever way, neither of us know the reason why we get discolouration around beads. xx

Probably easier just to wallcrete it.

why do you feel your being discredited mate???

Danny the original poster used the word WET , not me , if it's staining then fair enough use the stain block as suggested, but if the problem persists/gets worse then get some proper advice, AS IN FIRST HAND instead of every fooker guesing the problem and so as were clear i'm not trying to discredit any one , you were the one ridiculing my resoponse !!! all i did was give one line responses cause i just can't be arsed with this tit for tat culture the bloke got a few recommendations and i just expanded on it as none one here has seen it and were still not sure what it is , ie wet or staining .
I accept your apology !!!

had the same problem with a job few weeks ago the wall dried out ok.but you could see the dabs of bonding i used 2 stick the beads on was still wet weeks later.turned out 2 be a crack in the roughcast.

am thinking your plaster is to thin around your beads , hence your beads blushing through making it look like it 's not dry.

Does it look similar to this?

Corner beads looking wet

WOW , never heard of any one putting beads on with roughcast before. LOL.

it was inside wall.m8 crack in roughcast was letting water in.stopping the bonding drying out.wis old tenament type house.it was supposed 2 be a straitforward re skim.ended up a pure head ake.

Status
Not open for further replies.