celotex insulation boards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbiboy1970

hi all,,,,,,,we dotted and dabbed some P.I.R boards onto a some pregitted internal none cavity walls yesterday , skimmed them today as usual and as soon as we troweled up the walls the middle of the boards started to spring away from the drywall dab...we have used thermaline backed boards before today but always mechanically fixed them after dot & dab but with these celotex boards we was told we didn't need a secondary fixing...any ideas ......

It's the paper on the back ,I used one on Monday and some thermaline plus ..the back of the celotex (50mm) felt like it was already pulling away even when I was loading it in the van.
Even if pinned I won't use them again

drill a few holes and pump some expanding foam in gently keep some weight against it so it doesn't push out you can just patch the holes then if you like or secondary fix as stated

@plasterman yes celotex backed plasterboard. Seen the vid of someone drilling through then hammer fix, but a bit of wobble on the drill and screw won't hold board I guess. Go with plugs I guess as per newtonlath.

@plasterman yes celotex backed plasterboard. Seen the vid of someone drilling through then hammer fix, but a bit of wobble on the drill and screw won't hold board I guess. Go with plugs I guess as per newtonlath.
I normally use bg thermaline plus or super and you can get Gyproc plugs at most merchants..first time I used the 50mm celotex was Monday as merchants ran out of the thermaline I not sure on there spec with plugs as I used the 50mm on a ceiling but would presume Gyproc plugs should be ok..have a little check on there website to make sure if I was you.

drill a few holes and pump some expanding foam in gently keep some weight against it so it doesn't push out you can just patch the holes then if you like or secondary fix as stated
tried that on Friday ........it blew the board off the wall......I must have give it to much...

If your using foam, don't use expanding foam, just use the non expandable adhesive gear, soudal make the stuff I pick off the shelves. Mushroom fixings would be the best bet though.
My bet would be that the dab is coming off the wall & not the paper for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gonna take it all off Monday its been bugging all weekend.........

FFS don't do that, you're back to square one then.
Get some of these in.
81502e65a8c3eb896ffef9b88d13428f.jpg

What size board did you use? Thickness?

Those plastic ones are sh1te beddy, vibrate from side to side when your hitting them shattering the core of the board.
Not seen them in a good while either.
Actually shouldn't be used anyway seeing as they are put in for fire regs lol

U can just buy the metal washers from CTD I use them to fix insulation board to floors when I'm doin underfloor heating or even if I'm using them as part of a waterproofing system there about £5 for 100 and u can use any length screw u chose

Probably but what's the point mate. Drill a hole and hammer them babies home. Robbie my local merchant order them in for me. Think they use TimCo fixings

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

U can just buy the metal washers from CTD I use them to fix insulation board to floors when I'm doin underfloor heating or even if I'm using them as part of a waterproofing system there about £5 for 100 and u can use any length screw u chose
can I skim over them??????????

where do you buy them from ????????

Everywhere!!

How did you sticke the Celotex to the wall? And how did you stick the board to the Celotex? It can't have had paper on both sides???

Those fixings I put a pic of you just drill an 8 mm hole and bang them in with a hammer. Countersunk. Skim over. Job done

Why would you want to use a screw??

The mushrooms aren't a nail
And they're surely a lot stronger than a screw!
Believe it or not it's the sole reason they are actually produced! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.