Brushes

Members online

john c

DSC_0003.JPG

Anyone know of any tricks to straighten the bristles?

Soak in warm water for half hour. Shake out. Wrap in cling film to get the shape correct. After a few days it will be fine and dry out.. Don't store brush bristle down in a bucket or it will look like yours. Dry out laying flat.. Store laying flat

I have a cheap one, went like a yard brush in a couple weeks, was disappointed as, although cheap ones work with all have them and claimed them to be good, so I bought a new one and started uni bonding concrete heads or whatever needs unibonded with it. Luck would have that didn't have much skimming to do for a few weeks was all sand cement, and the brush came back into shape. Wouldn't normally care as they less than a tenner, but the bristles are lovely and soft, great for walking ceilings. My old brush I have is a t-class or something like that, cracking brush, but a bit ignorant when have to run it on the ceilings, dug in a bit on me,better to flick, which is a pain in the ass running ceilings having to flick the water on.

I jet wash mine , that will sort it , just be careful if you are holding the brush though while jet washing it

Ffs... Spend ten bob on a new one:rolleyes:
Bet the bristles were about 6 inch long when you bought it four years agoo_O

Haha nah that one cost 40 quid
I was gonna just dump it but thought I would ask on here first
Will give the cling film trick a try and dump it then if that doesn't work

Was the superprof brush any good? I normally spend £10-£15 on a 4 inch brush with nice bristles, lasts ages I like to have nice clean trowelling water.[/QUOTE

It’s the best ,
Get yourself a Collomix bucket cleaner too then always have small bucket of clean available for good job mate

Don't chuck it in the skip. Soak in petrol or universal brush cleaner then steel brush and then spin until dry. Hang vertical for 12 hours. Good as new.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5S) en utilisant Tapatalk

Don't chuck it in the skip. Soak in petrol or universal brush cleaner then steel brush and then spin until dry. Hang vertical for 12 hours. Good as new.

When you say spin until dry, do you mean hold the brush at arms length and twirl about....... perhaps in the middle of the street... looking up to the sky.... laughing in delight...?

And once you've done this and the petrol is full of crap;
bung it in the fuel tank of the first electrician that happens along.
Two birds one stone.

All these willy wackers who profess to be earning 1500 a week won’t spend a tenner on a brush the world gone mad

A decent 6” brush is a very important tool, the cheap ones are sh it.......................................

And no! I don’t use an inch brush for my internals like you rough fu ckers on here:coffe:

When you say spin until dry, do you mean hold the brush at arms length and twirl about....... perhaps in the middle of the street... looking up to the sky.... laughing in delight...?
Exactly, but don't forget to click your heels three times saying " there's no place like home, there's no place like home..."

Speechless at the tightness of this thread

You've never met @Nisus have you? o_O He's not tight, he's cross threaded.

His 20 year old adhesive tub collection is a sight to behold, and I'm neither joking nor exaggerating for comedic effect!

To quote plastering's own Confucius "Tools earn you bread and butter". :LOL:

A decent 6” brush is a very important tool, the cheap ones are sh it.......................................

And no! I don’t use an inch brush for my internals like you rough fu ckers on here:coffe:
Got that tenner for the 4” I sold you yet?